1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1911-A1 Mil-Spec. Now that I know my "Loaded" coupon is still valid, I have a couple questions regarding their accessories.

• What is the different between ".45 10 Round, Single stack magazine (PI4421)" and ".45 10 Round high capacity full-size magazine (PI5445)"?
  • Do their 10 rd magazines have a base pad to help conceal the part that sticks out (like Shooting Star)? Or is it a straight magazine (like Wilson)?
  • Are their 10 rd magazines decent quality compared to Wilson, Shooting Star?
  • What accessories from their list are really a great value making them "must have"?

It would make it a lot easier if they had this stuff on their website so you could look at it (like in the old days
)

Thanks in advance,
LL

[This message has been edited by LightningLink (edited 06-09-2001).]

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Originally posted by LightningLink:
I have a 1911-A1 Mil-Spec. Now that I know my "Loaded" coupon is still valid, I have a couple questions regarding their accessories.

• What is the different between ".45 10 Round, Single stack magazine (PI4421)" and ".45 10 Round high capacity full-size magazine (PI5445)"?
  • Do their 10 rd magazines have a base pad to help conceal the part that sticks out (like Shooting Star)? Or is it a straight magazine (like Wilson)? ...

• Offhand, I'd say the 10 round hicap full size mags (PI5445) are for the hicap model pistol. It's a double stack mag. They also make that model in an ultra compact so you'll likely see at least three types listed. For the milspec, go with the single stack mags.

My U/C hicap mags had an extended base but other than that I can't say what their other models come with.

Are their 10 round mags reliable compared to Wilson, CMC etc? If it were me, I'd go with Wilson or CMC (at least for carry) but that's just my opinion.

Mac

·
Banned
100 Posts
LOL, pick up a TM PI9140L you will see that they put on Shooting Star slampads.
No Slampad on 10's but, they do have a hard sleeve around area above base that gives it a cleaner look. I have shoot my 10 rounders a ton 0 problems.
Good buys are mags of course.
Also the Small & Large range bags are great quality and veryy nice. IMHO I prefer the bigger one.
Binoc's are a good deal if you need some. They are of good quality.
For like $2 get a Bushing wrench. Handy if you have a 2 piece guide rod. Edge is rather hard on your finger. LOL
In closing there are nothin wrong with SA mags I have had not a bad one yet and lost count of 1911a1's they have been in.
Good luck whatever you decide.
Oh Tactical Tonto Knife backordered be prepared not to see it for monthes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts