1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just joined last night.......

Just curious what you guys would feel is a fair price on a Loaded Black Stainless Target PX9152LP, my local Gander Mtn has one new in the case and I'm struggling hard to keep from buying it..

Being Gander has it I suspect its waaaaay over priced but I have been away from 1911's for quite a while..I'm also in the Republik of upstate NY so good gun shops are getting hard to come by up here so my choices are really limited for in stock items..I like to handle/inspect before dropping large amounts of cash.. :eek:

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
The over-the-counter retail price at the large local dealer for that model is
$999.95, if they had one which they don't. Their prices are normally considered OK, but probably not the best. They have large supplies of other models, but not that one. www.scottsdalegunclub.com

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info and link.....

I better check that model again, either I got it mixed up our Gander Mtn is even more over priced than I thought..

I do know for sure it was black stainless, adjustable sights, ambi safety, full size, and first letter on serial number was "N".... :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
my local dealer had one few months ago, he wanted $875. that was here in CT. It was a "N" frame made in brazil and had some blemishes and machine marks in it, but it was new in box. I didn't think the fit and finish was real good at all. If you search you will find mixed reviews,

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Hello all, just joined last night.......

Just curious what you guys would feel is a fair price on a Loaded Black Stainless Target PX9152LP, my local Gander Mtn has one new in the case and I'm struggling hard to keep from buying it..

Being Gander has it I suspect its waaaaay over priced but I have been away from 1911's for quite a while..I'm also in the Republik of upstate NY so good gun shops are getting hard to come by up here so my choices are really limited for in stock items..I like to handle/inspect before dropping large amounts of cash.. :eek:
Gander Mtn will generally always be high. I've seen used guns there priced higher than what you'd pay new at other stores.

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
WOW They have REALLY GONE UP!

I bought mine in 2005 for $743 plus shipping from the-armory.com
one on Gunbroker - $1043.00 buy now. I think that is way too much - but about $950 would be the fair going rate. I sold my tactical B-SS last year for $875.00 used.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I looked for one for a couple of months-as well as a comparable Kimber-found and jumped on a Trophy Match and never looked back...a little more expensive, but worth every penny.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll go back today and double check that model number again, I might see what they would give me for my Pro Carry II on trade...yeah I know I'm gonna get boned !!

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
I'll go back today and double check that model number again, I might see what they would give me for my Pro Carry II on trade...yeah I know I'm gonna get boned !!
Sell it on Guns America or Gun Broker - you will get killed on a trade!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts