1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just recently purchased a new Loaded Champion and I have been experiencing some feed issues while cycling by hand. When I place in a magazine and rack the slide the round feeding from the magazine is jammed up against the feedramp. I must work the slide to get the round to chamber. This happens with FMJ & JHP. Also the JHP will jam against the feedramp when I drop the slide from the slide release.

I did take it to the range and fired a 150 rounds of FMJ & JHP they all feed except for one time it did not return to full battery.

The ammo used was 230gr Federal & Winchester FMJ and 230gr Winchester JHP.

Has anyone experienced these issues, if so what did you do to fix it?

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shoot it--then report
Wolfgang,
I shot about a 150 rounds through it the problems I encountered were a failure to return to battery and when I dropped the slide via slide release the JHP round jammed on the feedramp. My concern was that when I place a fresh mag in and rack the slide the round jams against the feedramp.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had the same trouble with mine. Silly thing works fine when oin the range but acted funny when loading up for carry. Mine seems not to bother anymore. I finally passed the 500 rd mark. Give the new Wilson Tac. Elite mag a try... I really like 'em.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have the same problem. I shot over 500 rds. through mine and it didn't help. I was using factory mags and Wilson mags. It's now at Springfield even as we speak. Mine was also ejecting brass in my face. Can't wait to get it back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had the same problem with my champion operator.
i practiced with a snap-cap in the chamber for quite some time.
i was used to loading a mag full and cycling the slide to chamber a new snap-cap ie like with my old glock21.
something about the short slide and the 4" bbl the champion does not like to spit out unfired cartridges or snap-caps with a mag in. i've had to drop the mag out and the cap will jam half way out of the chamber then i push it down the open mag hole.
i didn't see the real problem till i fired 100rds at the range.
all that time trying to get loaded cartridges to eject out of the gun had
loosened up the ejector from the frame and kept the slide from going into full battery ie about 100 thou off. 8 times in a 100 rds the slide malf.
i field stripped the pistol to find the ejector partially out of the frame and had an extremely hard time getting the slide off of the frame.a couple of taps from a plastic mallet put it back together. but i am going to send my champ back to springfield.

to all i would not recommend cycling a unfired round out of the chamber with a mag in, on an alloy frame champ!:rock:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called Springfield about the issues I was having. I spoke with a Justin from Customer Service he stated that they can not guarantee hollow point ammo feeding well in their 1911's. He advised me to get into contact with the Custom Shop for reliability work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts