1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
I bought 6 for my Micro compact, (blued because stainless is more expensive and the blued isn't exposed to the elements typically IMO) and none of them, nor the two stainless it came with, have once caused a malfunction in my pistol.

I had plenty of malfunctions, but it was due to ammo, and I've rectified that.

I have no doubt that there are going to be bad ones out there, when everything is mass produced tolerances stack up and with just the right combination, produce problems.

For the cost, I don't see how you could go wrong, even if one bad out of 5 or 10.

·
Registered
951 Posts
When I bought my Loaded SA I drove out and bough 6 SS mags at 1/2 price, they all run like Ferraris on steroids never a malfunction. As a note I am shooting 9mm not .45 but that should not make a difference. Also ask your buddies who own Springers if they want mags as well, at that price you just can't go wrong at all.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I have twenty of the blued mags (ten from each loaded coupon I had) and they work flawlessly. If memory serves me, they cost $9.00 each, and that is an absolute bargain IMO.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I use them for my carry mags and those are the only ones I use

·
Registered
874 Posts
I have 10 and none have given me any problems

·
Registered
87 Posts
Blue 7-rounders from Loaded Coupon

I ordered 10 with the Loaded Coupon and use them for my range practice.

The SS ones that came with my SS Mil-Spec I keep loaded with my SD Loads.

All have worked flawlessly so far after 2000 rounds

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
21/503 said:
I have twenty of the blued mags (ten from each loaded coupon I had) and they work flawlessly. If memory serves me, they cost $9.00 each, and that is an absolute bargain IMO.
+1.

I got 10 of them with the cupon that came with my TRP Operator and have them in my shooting box for use as range mags (I carry Chip McCormick PowerMags).

No problems w/the Springfield 7 round mags so far. I say get 'em, just to have extras on hand. Magazines don't last forever and if we some political thugs get elected in 2008, mags could become hard to find and/or expensive as hell.

Plan ahead!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have just bought a TRP, and was wondering if the SS Loaded mags are drilled and tapped for a base pad?

I called Springfield to see if I could get the same mags that came with my TRP on the Loaded promotion. They gave me the part number and a loaded price of $29 (list $39) for the extended base pad mag. If the standard mags will accept the extended base pad, it should be cheaper to buy the loaded mags and order some pads from another vendor, right?

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
431 Posts
w.e.coyote sg said:
I have just bought a TRP, and was wondering if the SS Loaded mags are drilled and tapped for a base pad?

I called Springfield to see if I could get the same mags that came with my TRP on the Loaded promotion. They gave me the part number and a loaded price of $29 (list $39) for the extended base pad mag. If the standard mags will accept the extended base pad, it should be cheaper to buy the loaded mags and order some pads from another vendor, right?

Thanks

Jason

The ones I have from my Loaded Coupon had 2 holes at the bottom . They were not threaded - I had to use self taping screws which worked perfectly. Also, I think the TRP comes with different mags that the GI, Milspec or Loaded models. I could be wrong though, but I remember hearing something about Metalform with those.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts