1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did some searching, and all of the topics I found are either really old or do not address my questions.

Can anyone tell me about the Loaded Operator? (PX9105L)

I saw someone has one for sale, and in the picture, it shows it's all black with the full length Picatinny rail. It has wood grips and all of the Loaded features.

There's nothing on SA's site about it, so am I assuming correctly that it has been discontinued?

Also, would NIB for $850'ish be a fair price?

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
It has been discontinued for a while now

NIB, I'd pay $850. You'd better not tell me where it is, because I want one. BAD. I'd get a TRP Operator, but I don't care for adjustable sights. I'll likely end up with an MC Operator and have the front strap checkered (and the lower half refinished in black), but a new 1911 isn't in my budget right now. :bawling: I do like the full rail and the bull barrel of the TRP doesn't bother me.

Robert

·
Registered
23 Posts
The frame on my Loaded OP is black, the frame however, is more of a dark gray.
Let me know if you would like a couple pics.

It's a great shooter. I only have about 800 rnds through it; trouble free so far. It dosn't have the fit/finish of the TRP, ...or the flesh eating rear sight. I will buy another at some point.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know why, but the solid black slide and the almost grey frame is another thing that makes it appealing to me.

I just wish they weren't discontinued. :confused:

If you have pictures you're willing to share, please do. I've only been able to back access the old one on the Springfiled site and I'd love to see some real pics of one.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
I have one which is un-fired. I just have not taken it out to the range yet. (Something about having a 7 month old son at home, seems to eat into my "me" time :) ) The "Loaded Operator" has Novak night sights installed in beavertails, full length picatinny rail, full-length two-piece guide rod, orangeish wood grips, beavertail grip safety, commander/oval style hammer. The finish is sort of a matte blue on the slide, and a matte grey on the frame. Mine has a serial number which begins with NM.
I swapped out the ILS with stock Colt parts, the Ti firing pin was replaced with a tool steel one from Nowlin and a spring from Wolf. The full length guide rod was removed in favor of a Wilson spring cap, colt piece on the other end, and an 18lb Wolf spring.
The weapon is a nice one, and I can't really see that it needs anything. I bought it at an open house at a large local shop in Feb. for the ridiculous price of $599! I think it probably sold for around $799.00 normally. I shot the one they had at the open house, and it was SCARY accurate, and I'm just an average shot. :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
I am fortunate to have a TRP Operator and the accuracy is great. I would have to say the deal sounds good and BOSSHOFF got an absolutely incredible deal. WOW. The bull barrel and full length rail on my TRP Operator does tend to make the recoil very smooth to me with just that little extra weight on the front end for that little .45 muzzle flip. If the loaded operator shoots anything like the TRP Operator or my standard TRP then it is worth it. Anyway as you said they are hard to find otherwise.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately the one I was looking at is now gone. :( It's to bad SA canceled such a model. I'd rather have a standard loaded Operator than the MC, and the TRP is expensive with alot of features I don't need.

·
Registered
336 Posts
The finish on my Operator is called 'Enviro-tech' that Bob Rodgers uses. If I'm not mistaken and Bob will correct me on this, it is a 2-layer 'Gunkote/Duracoat' finish on top of parkerizing. Parkerizing gives the metal more bite for the coating to adhere to. The finished product has a satin sheen to it, a lot like the finish on a German HK MP5 but not as dull as Black-T. Has great lubricating and corrosion-resistant qualities. The barrel is the factory 1-piece with the factory bushing replaced with a fitted EGW match unit. The FLGR was ditched for a Ed Brown GI unit. Mr. Rodgers was able to get 1.5 groups @ 25yards offhand with his custom 200gr SWC loads with this setup so a Kart or Bar-Sto barrel was not necessary because that barrel was better than my ability to extract more out of it with my shooting abilities..D :D

·
Banned
37 Posts
Strider Gunner Grips

dohc97 said:
where did you get your grips? I am picking up my trp op on Monday.
I've brought those grips at a local gun shop, Reed's Indoor Shooting Range, CA. These grips fit perfectly in my hands. I am looking forward to your pictures of your new TRP.

·
Registered
122 Posts
knguye11 said:
I've brought those grips at a local gun shop, Reed's Indoor Shooting Range, CA. These grips fit perfectly in my hands. I am looking forward to your pictures of your new TRP.
Looking at your pictures, I notice that you do not have ambi safety on yours. Now, I am not sure if my new trp op has one.

·
Banned
37 Posts
dohc97 said:
Looking at your pictures, I notice that you do not have ambi safety on yours. Now, I am not sure if my new trp op has one.
You are right. That is not an ambi safety. I have my gunsmith changed out to an Ed Brown extended safety. It's easier for me to swith on/off.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you still want one I know of 2 places that has the Loaded Operator for 900$. If you want, send me a message and I'll tell you where to get them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Where the Loaded Operator has the 3/4 rail, the TRP has the full rail. I just received a note (today) from SA stating that the rail was going to change for '06. I was a little confused with her note, but I believe she said that it was the TRP (PC9105L) rail was goign to change, presumably to a 3/4. If it is the Loader Operator that's going to change, I'll correct this post.

Has anybody else heard about this? As one of these two will very likely be my next purchase, I'd appreciate any insight.

And I would jump all over the $850 price. Well done.

Thanks,

WDG

1 - 20 of 22 Posts