1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, I picked up my new SA Loaded/park this week only to discover that the front sight is right of center with the dovetail slightly protruding, and rear sight is horribly off to the right. I got opinions from local gunsmiths and they agreed. The gun shoots Point of aim (50 rounds). However, the right oriented sight is quite annoying and un-natural looking and feeling. The rear sight and dovetail cut appears to be angled on the slide as well. That is, lower on the right side than the left.
I am quite dissappointed with this. The rest of the pistol is perfect.

I hope to return this one for another without hassle from Davidson's via my dealer.

Any feedback/similar experiences out there?

Thanks,
MK

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Never seen this, but Springfield will make it right if your dealer won't.

The front sight should be roll pinned in place. Is that there?

Let us know.

My only disappointment with my loaded is the fake Novak sights.

-- Chuck

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
You'd paid extra for the Davidson's guarantee, use it to exchange for a new gun. Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the feed back.
The front sight IS pinned, and is off to the right. The rear sight is the kicker though. If you put straight edges/ rulers vertically on both sides of the slide as a gauge, there is probably an 1/8", or more, off-set towards the right. So, if you grip the pistol and aim/natural "point shoot" with your eyes closed then open your eyes to view the front site post--it's covered by the left side of the rear sight. I've never seen that!

I'll let you know how it goes with Davidson's. Simply put, I don't want this pistol--repaired that is. I would like a good, symmetrical pistol.

Again, thanks you for the feedback.

Semper Fi,
MK

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Satisfied Davidson's customer

Well, Davidson's came through. I returned the pistol to the point of purchase and the next day had a new one. The new pistol is right on the mark.
It shoots well and the sights are where they should be!
I've put close to 400 rounds throught it with the factory mags and 4, 8rnd CM powermags. No problems so far.

Off to the range,
MK

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
AZMK said:
Well, Davidson's came through. I returned the pistol to the point of purchase and the next day had a new one...
Glad to hear they are that good about their warranty. I have a few firearms from them, but haven't had to use it yet.

Did you have to pay any shipping or another transfer fee, or was it all covered by Davidson's?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts