1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On previous "Lock" question, many suggest simply replacing the new locking mainspring with an older one.

Potential problem is that, God forbid, you should have to use this gun to defend your life or another's, a anti-gun lawyer could play the fact that you "removed a safety device and made the gun less safe and therfore more 'deadly' ". I know it's stupid, but the same thing could be said about pinning a grip safety or even removing a mag safety off a Browning HP.

BE CAREFUL!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't see how intentional use of the gun could relate to the removal of a part that serves to prevent unintentional use.

----------------------------
It has been said that people are willing to believe in anything that can't be proven.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree, it doesn't make sense. But I live in LA, a town trying to ban "killer" bullets like hollowpoints, which all of you know are actually safer that hardball, as well as other "unsafe" ammunition.
Just keep in mind that you'll have two trials. The criminal, which I agree would be okay if you were indeed in fear for you life and justified. But then comes the civil, in which the criminal's family lawyer will come hard for money. This is where it could get crazy. If the jury of our "peers" are you guys on this board, all's okay. But most people don't know the first thing about guns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts