1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my two EMP mags back today and the flush fit floor plate modification is great. Two thumbs up for Log Man and his craftsmanship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The price is right and the turn around is a couple of weeks, as stated.

A personnal thanks for a job well done!!!

outa here

Markwell

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found out about the modification (flush floor plate) on this board. Am to computer ignorant to post a link but if you do a search it comes up...It worked even for me.

outa here

Markwell

·
Registered
381 Posts
The Springfield EMP 9mm comes with a nine round magazine that has a plastic floor plate that extends below the grip frame, much like an eight round magazine on a government sized 1911. Logman removes the plastic floor plate and welds a flat steel floor plate in its place. This creates a flush fitting eight round EMP 9mm magazine. Here is a picture of a Logman-modified magazine in my wife's EMP:

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
faulty....I've gotta learn how to post pics. It's a great modification the factory should provide as a standard feature.

outa here

Markwell

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I love what he has done with the stock magazine and would love to send mine off, but WHERE?
Send him a PM for a mailing address, I would guess.

·
Premium Member
5,968 Posts
Now THAT's a finished floorplate

Don't think even the factory would care to duplicate that nice mag lip feature (really nicely finished)

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
The Springfield EMP 9mm comes with a nine round magazine that has a plastic floor plate that extends below the grip frame, much like an eight round magazine on a government sized 1911. Logman removes the plastic floor plate and welds a flat steel floor plate in its place. This creates a flush fitting eight round EMP 9mm magazine. Here is a picture of a Logman-modified magazine in my wife's EMP:
That is one sexy MSH butt/frame shape! Is that stock on EMP 9mm? Or did logman do that?

·
Registered
342 Posts
A Logman flush mag is a definite must have accessory for any EMP owner. I have a couple myself, the craftsmanship is excellent.

·
Registered
887 Posts
More importantly than what they look like;...they feed perfectly !

Log has posted before, that the reduction from 9 rds. to 8 actually gives the modified mag a slightly stronger spring action; and will feed better than stock.

All I know is my E M P 9mm feeds and functions 100% with logman's magazine mods !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts