1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to post pics and review the set of grips I just received from http://lokgrips.com/

I called Jayson a few weeks ago about having some custom G10 grips for my wife's Dan Wesson PM-9. She likes purple color so I asked if they could make some grips in that color. I requested purple/black and he said he would have to order that color and would take about 7-10 days to get and he would have to spend some time designing the grip. I said that would be fine and he quoted me a very reasonable price and time frame. I told him I was not in a big rush and it would be okay if he took his time since he has his regular production grips he makes and sells on his website, Amazon, and Ebay.

Fast forward 3-4 weeks and after numerous emails with grips designs pics, re-designs, I received my grips.

I'm very much impressed with the quality and fit of these grips. They fit just as well or better than any other G10 grips I have from other manufacturers. I liked the fact that Jayson was willing to take the time to make some custom grips and was very easy to work with.

Grip specs:
1. G10 material
2. Magwell cut, no thumb scoop, single sided safety
3. Smaller grip bushing hole than standard
4. Recessed area inside the grip for MSH pin clearance
5. Taller grip in center to cover plunger tube

The smaller grip bushing hole made for a very tight fit with no movement at all. My STI pistol did not need any work on the grips for it to fit, but the Dan Wesson needed just very very minor work. I took some 600 grit sand paper and rolled it very loosely, stuck in the hole, and turned it about 3-4 turns.

This is my first set of grips from Jayson. I'm extremely pleased with his level of detail and willingness to work with the customer. Email communication was prompt and courteous.

I will be ordering the same style grip for my officer sized pistol from him. It will be a different color. Something like all black or black/grey.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Good looking grips!

I just ordered some VZ worple double diamonds. Not sure why...

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts