1911Forum banner

Long for Novak night sights on 1911PD

1020 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  msg-84
Okay, tried the search and couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

I want to see about getting my Novak sights replaced with Novak night sights. Bout the only thing I want to upgrade on my carry piece.

Is this a simple brass drift of the old and in with the night sights? I know that one has to be careful not to shatter the triitum vials when doing so.

From what I gather, there is plenty of room to put a brass punch on without getting near the vials.

Is this as simple as it seems with a slide that already is milled for Novaks? Where is the cheapest place to get me some Novak tritiums? Anyone done this to their Smith 1911PD Commander length?

Thanks in advance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
194 Posts
it is a simple procedure to drift them in , however do your self a favor and have a local gunshop or "smith" press them in with a pusher.
Brownells sells the sights you need and has good prices, you want the 1911 sights for the novack low mount dovetail.

· Registered
39 Posts
I got my slide back.

I sent my slide to Novak's on Friday 11/25 via US Priority Mail. On Monday 11/28 I got an email from Novak's stating they had recieved my slide (excellent communication). On Wed. 11/30 I got my slide back with Novak Lo-mount night sights installed - the work was flawless as you might expect. Total cost (with shipping) was $170.

I am happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.