1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your longterm report on the TRP? I have heard new buyers rants about this piece, but what about people owning this and firing it over time? I'd love to hear your opinion. I'm thinking of getting one in the Armory Kote.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The TRP is great it is backed by the FBI and the USMC Hostage Rescue Team uses something very similar.

I have mine coated with NP3 which both lubricates and protects. Teflon will scrape off easily. Other than that, the TRP is as good as it gets.

It has jammed on me 5 times when I broke it in, but it hasnt failed me yet

·
Registered
75 Posts
Took a Springfield loaded 2000 and sent it back for the TRP upgrade with Armory coat. I have 1000 rounds of ball ammo, reloads and some factory to run through it when it arrives. I told Deb in the custom shop when I got it I was planning to shoot the snot out of it and the carry it off duty. I will use Wilson mags or McCormick extra power.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got my Armory Coat TRP in Jan, and love it. I had some FTF in the first 300-500 rounds, but nothing since. For the money it is best 1911 on the market! I was going to order another, but order the blue Trophy Match insted. The TRP is smooth and shoots great. Where else can you get that much gun for the money?

Steve H

·
Registered
52 Posts
Name one gun as good for the money, I have seen just about everything, and shot most of them. The gun retails for around $1300, but you should be able to get it for less then that. I am not sure about upgrades.

Steve

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Gunsite GSP, Krebs, Rock River, Wilson, there are lots of pistols around that price range that are very good for the money...I like them...but 'til you move up to the PRO series, TRPs have lots of competition...I DO think the NEW ones are a MUCH better deal than the previous incarnations though...but they don't stand hand and shoulders above the competition in that price range...

...We are living in the very best era EVER for lovers of the 1911 design pistols...The pistols from the factories are decent and the aftermarket parts are incredible...The smiths have lots of good equipment and parts to work with and they are more advanced in the techniques available to them in building guns of fantastic value...and performance...
Really is a cool time to be shoppin' for 1911s...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Exactly...Just about anyplace you can get another just like it...That way, when you start usin' both hands you'll be balanced

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts