1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Furnished with a trigger lock at no extra charge.
Suggested Retail Price: $ 159.00

Advantages of the .45 ACP Cartridge:
The .45 ACP cartridge is a long-proven military cartridge. It was first brought into use in 1911 by the US Army; and still serves as the standard or optional cartridge in hundreds of military forces all over the globe, including the U.S. Special Operations Command. It uses some of the heaviest bullets in a semi- automatic handgun, up to 230 grains. It has been in use for over 80 years. Due to the pressure and power that it generates, Hi-Point has built their .45 ACP on a larger frame, to enable the shooter to enjoy shooting their firearm. Whether shooting bowling pins, hunting, or protecting lives, the .45 ACP has been doing the job since the turn of the century.

Highpoint does it again

·
Administrator
72,119 Posts
There are those who can't afford even a $299 Sistema. While I'd never own a junk gun, people most at risk of being victimized are often the poor, and they need to own something. Besides, if cost was no object why do so many folks continue to buy cheap 1911 knock-offs?

Not sure how much safer a trigger lock makes it, though.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

[This message has been edited by dsk (edited 10-02-2001).]

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'd rather have a good $20 chef's knife.

A POS gun instills false confidence.

A Ruger P97 or a used Glock would be the way to go for the folks that need a sidearm at a good price.

A NEF 12ga break open shotgun, sawed off to the min. length was a companion of mine during hard times. I practiced often(dry fire), and never felt undergunned

Man but that is an UGLY gun, ain't it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
It looks heavy enough to be a good club when it is empty and/or jammed. If God had'nt meant for us to have guns, He would'nt have sent us John Browning.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
At least it doesn't have front cocking serrations.

·
Registered
660 Posts
So, this is a product of all of our technology and intelligence today??

Dang, I'm proud!

When will some people realize that you don't necessarily have to find new ways to build things cheaper?

No wonder the Japanese think we are goobers!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm going to buy one and modify the slide to fit my Glock 30. That should solve the problem I have getting hit in the face with brass!!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Seriously, Bars, do you own this or have access to it? I'd love to read a review on it. Looks like if it's no good a guy could just whittle on it a while and there's enough material there to have a 1911 when done whittling!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I hate to admit it, but I have one of those.
To be honest, it does shoot well. Slightly more accurate than Llama and no FTF or FTE's in three hundred rounds. The design is very simple, no extra anything. The mag releases from the bottom with just a simple catch, no spring assist you must pull it out. The slide doesn't lock open on the last round, it isn't supposed to. The safety and slide lock are one and the same. It fits in to one of two notches, with the slide in battery the notch disconnects the trigger and with the slide puled back another notch hold it there. The barrel is part of the frame. That's right, all one machined piece. The feedramp, barrel and frame are machined out of one solid piece. Once the barrel is worn out, you destroy it. The machining isn't very pretty. The extractor is similar in design to the Highpower or Tokarev in that it's an external extractor.
Magazine capacity is seven rounds. Where you wouldn't want to bet your life is on magazine swaps. There is no way to do it quickly. If you had nothing else, it would do in a pinch. IMHO They are uglier than Glocks.

[This message has been edited by Buickguy (edited 10-02-2001).]

·
Registered
331 Posts
Muzzleblast,
Don't get me wrong, this is NOT my idea of a "proper" .45 by any means. I still would not want to be on the business end of one of them. The bullets don't care if they come out of a high dollar gun or a cheap gun, It's still a 4 1/2" barrel and a 230gr FMJ still exits @ 850 FPS. I do also have to say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, to me glocks aren't pretty.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Blowback? And if so, is the recoil spring so stout that it takes two men and a boy to pull the slide back?

·
Banned
5,952 Posts
Hey dsk......
And you thought the Colt Double Eagle was ugly? No offense to any of those folks that own this "Lowpoint", but this is really one uuuuuhhhgly gun.

Regards,
Sam

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.