1911Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
I went out to see what was available and saw this Springfield TRP in .45 today.
So is this a really old production TRP or a new production TRP? I've never seen an SA TRP with only a tiny rollmark of "TRP" on the left slide.

Because basically the only complaint many of us had about this pistol through the years was the silly "billboard" on the frame saying "TACTICAL" and on both sides of the slide to the rear of the cocking serrations, "TRP."

Notwithstanding, my only TRP is an excellent pistol blessed with a truly awesome trigger (2.5 lbs, purely crisp) and sublime accuracy. This pistol is simply better than my old WC and rivals my LB TRS for accuracy.
Vertebrate Air gun Trigger Mammal Grey

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So is this a really old production TRP or a new production TRP? I've never seen an SA TRP with only a tiny rollmark of "TRP" on the left slide.

Because basically the only complaint many of us had about this pistol through the years was the silly "billboard" on the frame saying "TACTICAL" and on both sides of the slide to the rear of the cocking serrations, "TRP."

Notwithstanding, my only TRP is an excellent pistol blessed with a truly awesome trigger (2.5 lbs, purely crisp) and sublime accuracy. This pistol is simply better than my old WC and rivals my LB TRS for accuracy.
As far as I know, it's New production.
That being said this particular one (non-CA Compliant) has been discontinued.
I was happy to see the simplistic markings on this and that is what appealed to me.

Registered
I was happy to see the simplistic markings on this and that is what appealed to me.
Indeed. Is it possible Springfield Armory was listening to our complaints about the TRP's roll marks all these years?

Perhaps SA is taking a page from the Dan Wesson book of understated, tiny and unobtrusive roll marks. That's a good thing (and why many of us like the DW 1911s, as opposed to something garishly obscene, like many of the STI pistols' billboards taking up the entire slide).

Premium Member
The TRP is one good solid pistol for the money .

Reactions: Harryone
1 - 13 of 13 Posts