1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it had been awhile since I dealt with 1911s. My last purchase left a bad taste in my mouth, as my $1200 Springfield TRP was shooting over a foot low at 15 yards and would not cycle, nor eject properly.
I even after it returned from the factory (with a "nub" of a front sight) it still was not reliable enough as a carry piece.
Fast forward a few years to last week as I was leaving my trusted gun shop.
One of the employees is a Wilson fan and just had to show me what another customer had just traded in: a four year-old all grey CQB which had, judging by the pristine finish, been a safe/range queen.
IThe price wasright and I had to bring it home. I replaced the recoil spring, put a couple hundred of dead-on rounds down the pipe and shelved the Glock I had been carrying for the past three years.
Now I understand what you guys were talking about!

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
Nice blaster!

Nothing but range time and making good memories ahead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys, it is a sweet piece indeed.
I was able to find a Wilson Low Profile holster(made for them by Safariland) and was surprised by its quality. We are not talking Alessi grade work here, but it will serve its purpose until my "regular" holster maker can get to my order in a month or so. It had been several years since I bough any leather and could not believe how scarce available quality holsters are. :grumble:

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Nice gat. I have one myself with 26,000 through it hardly a bobble except for new mags now and then. Good holsters are hard to find. I like the practicality of Kydex but good leather might be needed for concealment. I have a Milt
Sparks EX that I have been using for 15 years or so. It works great for all of my 1911's.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congratulations on that beautiful gun! Did you happen to pick that up at a certin shop in Loveland? I was at that shop and saw an all gray CQB. It was used and had just been sold by someone, total safe queen in great shape. The price was right if this is the gun that I was thinking about and the slide felt like butter on the frame.

·
Registered
475 Posts
That all gray looks very cool!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Looks very nice. I haven't been in a shop yet that carries Wilson Combat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yes Apollo11, it came from that "certain store in Loveland"... :D
I have been a customer since we moved to Colorado 13 years ago. The crew was still in that little hole in the wall shop down the street from the Post Office... They have come a long way.
I had hoped to go shoot some this weekend, but the Pawnees are going to be swoned out for awhile now.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Shootin' a Wilson should make anyone shelve a Glock. A buddy of mine just bought a Glock, but after shooting my CQB, he's ready to trade it off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Again very nice pick up! I think you will be waiting a while to shoot her with all of this new snow this weekend. You'll have to post some pics of your targets and a range report when you can finally go shoot. Needless to say I am very happy for you.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Congratulations!!
I owned Wilsons for a long time and when I see a picture like yours I still pause and say, "wow what a beautiful gun".

·
Registered
673 Posts
well you did it. you got the best, now dont look back and shoot the crap out of it.all of us would be money ahead if we just bought the best in the first place

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Enjoy that nice looking piece. I picked mine up in a similar situation and it has turned out to be a zinger of a weapon and shooter.

Be safe, shoot well. :rock:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Congrats on a beautiful gun. I also have some Glocks, and while they are totally different creatures from the Wilsons, I still enjoy them for what they are. I wish you much happiness with your newest addition and safe shooting! :rock:

·
Registered
398 Posts
very nice gun. Enjoy!

I have never heard anything bad about the TRP's.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts