1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at one of these for the first time today an I have to say was impressed with its quality. The fit/finish was excellant,the blueing was nice and even,a field stripping revealed that the inside of the gun was finished just as good as the rest of it. Also the gun was very smooth felt every bit as nice as the new springfield milspec I compared it to no kidding.

I also looked at two other kahr auto ordnance 1911's they had in and both unpon the same examination as the first looked/felt just as good. I have to say i really think kahr has given these guns the much needed improvment they needed,I may just pick one up this week and let you guys know how she does at the range. Just wanted to let you guys know about the a/o 1911's I saw and wanted to see also if anyone here has had the same experiance with these guns since kahr started making them?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ran across a Kahr/AO WWII M1911 this past Summer and decided to get it. I'd examined it carefully before I decided, being mindful of their reputation. Kahr's made some changes for the good apparently. Like Megatronrules, I thought the fit, finish and function were very good, and decided to get it. As he says, not bad at all for an entry level M1911. The down side is I now see other M1911s I want.
Mike

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I spoke to one of the Kahr techs and he told me the Kahr/AO WWII M1911 was a fine pistol. I carry Kahr E9/K9/K40 pistols so I have faith in the Kahr product. I will try one as soon as I find one at a good price like $420. Regards, Richard:D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Mike, you should post some pics and a full range report. How has it been with regards to accuracy and function? How many rounds have you put through it so far?

later,
AJ

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Michael Gregg, enough with this fence building; please go shoot the gun! Two last things: 1) can you take a picture of the sights; I want to see if they are useable with my old eyes 2) Thanks a lot for the pictures. Regards, Richard:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts