1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a set of springs for my FM Hi-power M90. I can find Wolf everywhere but nothing else. Went to Browning site and couldn't seem to navigate there for a spring set. :scratch: Any info. welcome.

Secondly. I have had to set my rear sight very far to the right to get a good pic. of the front sight. Seems to be very far off center ? Be kind, don't want to hear throw it away and get a real Hi-power :)

Thanks,
Arley

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
You can't navigate to a place to order parts on the browning website. You can just get the parts list and the phone and fax number. fM has no parts or service network in the USA.

As to the windage on your fm Bhp, I would inspect your barrel lugs and slide recess lugs for uneven wear.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't navigate to a place to order parts on the browning website. You can just get the parts list and the phone and fax number. fM has no parts or service network in the USA.

As to the windage on your fm Bhp, I would inspect your barrel lugs and slide recess lugs for uneven wear.
Thanks for your reply. How do I know if the lugs are off ? Will it be obvious ?

I'm not a "Smith " so any help is greatly appreciated.

Arley

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
You are going to see what look like scratch marks. You will also see some on/near the end of the barrel where it rides against the bushing during firing. Just look for a pattern to be more intense on one side or the other.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Been looking for a set of springs for my FM Hi-power M90. I can find Wolf everywhere but nothing else. Went to Browning site and couldn't seem to navigate there for a spring set. :scratch: Any info. welcome.

Secondly. I have had to set my rear sight very far to the right to get a good pic. of the front sight. Seems to be very far off center ? Be kind, don't want to hear throw it away and get a real Hi-power :)

Thanks,
Arley
Brownell's has Browning springs.Not in sets but individually.

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
Browning FN OEM springs are available from Brownells. However, the price difference is such that unless you find click and ship to be preferable over talking to someone on the phone, I would not pay it. You can fax your order to Browning if the phone idea really bothers you and still get the lower price.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are going to see what look like scratch marks. You will also see some on/near the end of the barrel where it rides against the bushing during firing. Just look for a pattern to be more intense on one side or the other.
Thanks that helps a lot. If it is so then looks like a new barrel or CRAP, don't want to think about that :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts