1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finding makers who can handle a 1911 with rail has been very difficult. Perhaps the 1911 Forum collective knows.

I need a holster for my Nighthawk Custom T4 Recon. Since it has a rail, the gun has a full length grip. The end of the rail is the same as the end of the frame on a standard 5" Government; it is longer than on my DW Valor Commander. Optimally, I'd like a holster that accommodates the Surefire XC1b or Olight PL MINI.

I am looking for three holsters:

1) Strongside IWB. I have a Garrity INCOGNITO on order.
2) Appendix carry: Ideas?
3) Pancake or Avenger style. Garrity can do one up in leather, but I like kydex too. I'd like some options to look at.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
The folks at Red Hill Tactical will make you a holster per your requirements. It will take about a month, but you will be happy with their workmanship.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
JM Custom has several AIWB variants. And I know they make one for a railed 5" 1911 so that would likely fit.

Also, when you start choosing the less common guns and then pairing them with the less common lights, it becomes increasingly more difficult to find "off the shelf" holster for them. You may want to try and find holsters BEFORE you buy the light. Or make sure you've got a custom holster maker on tap that can accommodate you.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the Tier 1 Concealed tip. They have 4" railed 1911 with light (still no small light but that's fine). The Surefire XC1b and Olight PL MINI will fit unless they fit the holster off the end of the light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts