1911Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
18,614 Posts
There are many examples of good IWBs...

I'm going to move this to the Holster Forum. You should get tons of help there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Take a long look at the Milt Sparks VMII. It was the second, and probably last, IWB holster that I will buy for my 1911 government. Very comfortable, conceals well under a shirt or vest, and very stable. Anything to replace it will have a long hill to climb.

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
I have two IWB holsters that I like a lot, a Sparks Watch 6 and an Alessi CQC/I.

But to see a large list of holsters, return to the welcome page you first come to, click on links and then click on "Our Extensive Holster List" at the top of the page.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
352 Posts
I agree with ranger53. At present, I carry a full size 1911 (Kimber Custom CDP) and use a Sparks SSII. I love this set up for the full size. Yesterday, I ordered a VMII for my new Ultra Eclipse (I pick it up Friday!) because I like the idea of being able to tuck my shirt in over the top. I was told it may take ten to fourteen weeks for delivery but a Sparks is worth the wait. You can't go wrong with a Milt Sparks holster. Try this link: www.miltsparks.com

------------------
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you."-- Benjamin Franklin

·
Registered
303 Posts
The Bianchi # 3S Pistol Pocket is a favorite of mine for both pistols and revolvers. Not "custom" but excellent quality, affordable, and available!

·
Administrator
18,614 Posts
My favorite IWB is one made by Lou Alessi as interpreted by Dane Burns. Its called the GWH and if you go to www.alessileather.com you will see a pic of it.

Unfortunately the website is not fully operational, but his contact information is there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Another vote for the Milt Sparks Versa Max II. It carries my full size Kimber with no problems at all. Very comfortable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by 3rdMarDiv:
for my Colt Govt 45. can you guys offer some examples?
My favorite IWB for a 1911 is the Heritage Holster from Milt Sparks. It's very well made and the angle of draw it provides is perfect. It proides me with the speed I like in a draw.

------------------

G.Anthony Williams

·
Registered
43 Posts
Check out the Ky-Tac braveheart from www.skdtac.com . I like it a lot... it keeps the gun pressed against my side for good concealing but at the same time I barely notice its presence.

·
Registered
614 Posts
For a leather holster, I too, will vote for the GWH by Alessi/Burns. In kydex, I prefer the Gurkha by Gregg Garrett at Comp-Tac with the Braveheart running a close second.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Another vote for Milt Sparks VMII, outstanding rig. Don't forget a good quality belt is just as important as the holster. Milt Sparks mag pouches are top notch too.

Tech

·
Registered
421 Posts
Here are pictures of my Alessi/BCP combo in shark. GWH holster, 3 single mag pouches and a 1.5 belt. it is the most comfortable rig I have ever worn and very FAST

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Burns' GWH by Alessi, and the Milt Sparks VM2 or EX in leather, or the Braveheart or Blade-Tech IWB in Kydex.

·
Registered
769 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi there . We are making an IWB similar to the Wilson Summer Companion but the straps are different as the rear strap is near the rear edge of the Holster . I carry one daily and really like it . It is not on our website yet . Please direct any questions to the E-mail on the website

------------------
S.L. Caldwell
Leathercrafter
Rafter S Gunleather 417-277-5636
www.raftersgunleather.com

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,526 Posts
Kramer IWB #3

1 - 19 of 19 Posts