1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a colt new agent, and am looking to purchase a few more magazines. I called colt yesterday and was told it would be nine months before i could order from them, but suggested i call some of the gun parts places to see if they had them. No luck there either. Does anyone know if any magazines are being sold for this pistol.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I purchased a colt new agent, and am looking to purchase a few more magazines. I called colt yesterday and was told it would be nine months before i could order from them, but suggested i call some of the gun parts places to see if they had them. No luck there either. Does anyone know if any magazines are being sold for this pistol.

Thanks
I'm a bit surprised that they don't use the same mags as the Defender. Just a suggestion: call Wilson Combat. They can probably answer that question.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Any magazine for an Officers Model, or "COMPACT" 1911 will work....

I highly suggest Chip McCormick, or Wilson.... in that order....

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I'm a bit surprised that they don't use the same mags as the Defender. Just a suggestion: call Wilson Combat. They can probably answer that question.
They do use the same. Get Wilsons. :rock:

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
I've read reports of that the McCormick style follower (or Devel follower) can gouge or chew up feed ramps of allow framed guns. I cannot personally verify this.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I've seen pictures of feed ramps getting gouged, but I cannot recall what mags did it.

If the New Agent uses the same mags as the Defender, PM me. I have two NIB Colt mags that came with my Defender that I'll never use. I bought Wilson 7-rounders with the low-profile baseplates (47OX-C I think) and never even tried the Colt mags. Just give me whatever is fair for both mags and I'll ship 'em out. I just got the gun last month, so if Colt has ever revised these mags, mine are surely the most recent version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts