1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a pair of sooth walnut slimgrips for a really nice LWT. Colt Commander I recently acquired. I can get them from Gunsite but would have to send them my pistol. If anyone knows where I could get a pair please advise. I'm looking for the slim-type grips due to my small hands. Thanks, Ray Rinehart

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Give Don Williams a call at pickagrip.com.

He helped me get some grips I've been looking for. His number is 866-800-9500.

Tell him what you want and I'm sure he can get them or give you a lead on what you want.

Ross T.

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
AFS Slim-Tech makes slim stocks out of resin-impregnated wood in two shades.."rosewood" and "walnut". These stocks are not smooth. They have laser-etched faux checkering that adds a bit of traction, but is essentially smooth. Brownells stocks these.

As noted earlier in this thread, McCormick makes slim stocks in both smooth and checkered versions. I think they're supposed to be rosewood.

Ahrends makes slim stocks out of various exotic woods. They aren't checkered or smooth. They have lines, running vertically, machined into them. CHeck them out at Don William's www.pickagrip.com

Be aware that all of these choice will require that you replace your existing stock screw bushings with proprietary, shortened bushings (which are supplied with the stocks).

Rosco

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ROSANGHAL, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I gave Mr. Williams a call and it really paid off. I should be recieving just what I wanted sometime in the next couple of weeks, without having to send my pistol across country. Mr. Williams seems like a real nice guy and was very helpful. He went out of his way to get me what I wanted. He'll definitely be getting my business in the future. Ray Rinehart

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Told ya

Glad I could help ya ferretray.

I just recieved a pair of Spegel Blackwood from Mr. Williams, today. He helped me get a hold of Mr. Spegel and the deal was easily set and BOOM! they show up at my door!

Mr. Williams will be getting more business from me soon also.

Ross T.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Ray,
Just wondering why Gunsite would want you to send your pistol to them ? Did they think you couldn't change the bushings by yourself ?

Mike

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mvician, I believe Gunsite may prefer to use a proprietary bushing/screw arrangement. I know they want to fit the grips to the firearm. They have a very good reputation at stake. Ray Rinehart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts