1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good smith to accurize a mini 14 im planning on buying. I like the barrel stablizers and was wondering who people have been using to get this work done. All input is appreciated

· Registered
526 Posts

· Registered
2,122 Posts
Try the Perfect Union for Mini info:
http://www.perfectunion.com/forums/index.php?showforum=8

A whole section is devoted to accuracy. There are lots of free/cheap things you can do, such as properly retorque the gas block (free), add practically any muzzle break (cheap), or get a trigger job (cheap). I retorqued my gas block and had a trigger job done, which helped a lot. I'm foregoing any other mods until after I install an Accu-Strut, which should be availabe soon. One of the Perfect Union's regular members (kkina) developed it, and it looks very promising. If I get good enough results, I won't need to buy anything more, for my purposes.

· Registered
1,339 Posts
Mike Knifong at NW Shooting Support is great.

He has a kit including a trigger job and gas bushing kit that are well worth the money.

Send him your trigger group and he sends it back with and awesome trigger and a DIY gas bushing kit. He does other Mini work as well.

NW Shooters Support
2350 SW Balsam Ave.
Beaverton, Oregon 97005
Phone: 503-643-6136
Mike in Oregon <[email protected]>

My trigger is now just under 3 1/2lbs and very smooth. After fine tuning the correct gas bushing, ejection is more controlled as well.

WhyteP38 is correct, Perfect Union is THE web forum for Mini-14's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.