1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who makes nice black grips for a BHP?

·
Registered
523 Posts
A buddy of mine got the Hogue rubber grips. They look sweet on his BHP and if you're into the rubber grip thing, they feel pretty good.

·
Registered
284 Posts
JohnnyO,

I've got a set of Black Navidrex from Brownell's on mine. They are black, synthetic, checkered, non-tacky, look O.K., and are very thin. Overall, they are...O.K.. Let's put it this way. They are still there, and the HP is one of my "serious guns".

I tried the rubber ones from Hogue. They looked great, but I didn't like the tacky rubber for concealment. They might be ideal for competition, though. I dunno.

Navidrex w/ sharp stippuling is my plan of action.

Regards,
Elsy

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not much for rubber on my HP. The last few times I checked "pickagrip" they were short on HP grips. Guess I need to visit them again. Otherwise, the Navidrex sound like they might be worth checking into.

Thanks everyone....

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'll second the black Navidrex from Brownell's. They are thin, which is good for me because I have smallish hands. No fitting required, unlike some other BHP grips, or so I've read. And if this matters to you, they make the gun look very businesslike.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Business like is what I want. I have a HP with an Entry Pkg from Kurt Wickmann and while the gun does not look fancy, it is a shooter. I'd prefer to keep it plain looking.

Don, thanks for the head's up. I'll keep an eye on your site as well. I know a paid of cocobolo stocks from Spegel would look real nice, (have them on my other HP) black is what I'm looking for to keep it very plain jane looking.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don, was just on your site. They may not be black, but they sure are beautiful, with enough black in them. Consider S171, Spegel Kingwood for a BHP sold. Will call you shortly....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts