1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been tuneing and slowly breaking in my last build. Its a Caspian frame with a Colt slide barrel combo. I had problems with FTF on the last round and decided the Extractor was letting the last round fall. I tightend the extractor tension and eliminated that problem. Now about one in every 150 rds takes just a bump ever so slightly about a 1/16in to close the slide. Its definitly worse with CCI blazer aluminum over brass cases. I have about 500 rds through the gun and it is silky smooth. I am running a 18lb recoil spring. It would seem that it might be hanging on the extractor. Does anyone shape or beval the bottom edge to improve feeding without sacrificing tension? Am I on the right path? Any pics? Thanks Truman

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
If the frame ramp hasn't been adjusted since it left the factory, that could cause you some rough feeding too. I did two Colt slide / Caspian receiver guns that fed apparently much worse than yours (basically almost not at all). When the frame ramps were adjusted according to pistolwrench's instructions (http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=121954), they started feeding like butter.

Best,
Jon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts