1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
You might be disappointed in the results. The optics will be much too high.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The only real option is to have the slide milled for your optic. To co-witness iron sights, you will need tall iron sights, which are impractical.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is not a cowitness type, I wouldn't see any need for it. Here is a pic of the packaging.
Cool, I already got it. Now waiting for red dot. How much have you shot it? My local knowledgeable guy says that plates that fit into a sight slot aren't as sturdy as slide cuts. I haven't shot it yet so I can't verify either.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Two similar adjustable rear sights exist. Bomar reproductions and LPA. Not interchangeable. The EGW part is marked LPA. I believe the TRP with adjustable sight is a Bomar cut.
Verify exactly what sight you are replacing with the optic mount before you order one.
Joe

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
You might be disappointed in the results. The optics will be much too high.
I have a similar base on my XD(M) 5.25 and it works just fine.

One of these days I'm going to have one of my 1911 slides milled.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cool, I already got it. Now waiting for red dot. How much have you shot it? My local knowledgeable guy says that plates that fit into a sight slot aren't as sturdy as slide cuts. I haven't shot it yet so I can't verify either.
The site was a tight fit to remove and the mount was a tight fit to install. I also put some medium strength Loctite in the dovetail and on the screws. I've had about 1,500 rounds through it with no problems.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The site was a tight fit to remove and the mount was a tight fit to install. I also put some medium strength Loctite in the dovetail and on the screws. I've had about 1,500 rounds through it with no problems.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info. Will tell my gunsmith. Instructions also say they recommend some loctite.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Two similar adjustable rear sights exist. Bomar reproductions and LPA. Not interchangeable. The EGW part is marked LPA. I believe the TRP with adjustable sight is a Bomar cut.
Verify exactly what sight you are replacing with the optic mount before you order one.
Joe
Yes, the TRP full rail operator is a bomar, that's the one I got.

Will try this first before I commit to the $$$ and change of my slide by getting it milled. Biggest complaint is people say it won't cowitness. I don't see that as an issue. In a defense situation I believe you'd be able to point in a general direction and hit your target, even maybe using the reddot as a sort of rear sight to align the front one. I'll be checking the dot every couple weeks anyway so I really don't see an issue. And if there is then I can just remove the adapter and do a full mill anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts