1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to convince my chain of command that 1911's are safe. My Sergeant is with me on this, not the rest though.
How many of you have had this fight?
How did you win?
How are complaints about the hammer back addressed.
Our reserves are allowed to carry Para-Ordnance LDA's. Perhaps I can use this to my advantage? I think the biggest problem is the hammer back image.
My dept. issues SIG's and they are great weapons, but a few of us really prefer the 1911 and own a few Les Baer's and Colts.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
82 Posts
We got semi-aotus authorized in the late 70's....long before my time. The first three were the 1911, BHP and the S&W 39. The battle was fought years ago.

As for Hammer-back, the Sheriff carries a 1911, so it isn't an issue for us.

Sorry I'm no help.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Well, you can argue in the other direction. I believe there have been more LEO AD's with police issues Glocks than with any other firearm. This is playing the numbers a bit because more glocks are issued than any other firearm.

You could also consult Californias approved list, since all of those firearms had to pass a number of tests including a drop test.

Several of the 1911 manufacturers may also have safety statistics on thier firearms. I'm sure they will be happy to provide you with any information they have if helps them get in the LEO community.

Just my suggestions though.

------------------
-Electric Armadillo-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts