1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been trying different hand loads for years,but I can't say I have a good BHP load using a lead bullet.Does ant one have a pet load for a lead bullet that really performs well in the BHP.I have been using 147Gr.Bullx bullets in 9mm subsonic load.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have had very good luck with a Carroll 125gr lrn and 5gr of AA 5 .. This load does well in BHP and CZ75B ..

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I have never had success with any lead bullet in 9mm. For the 9mm I stick with jacketed bullets.

YMMV

·
Registered
2 Posts
Recently started loading Precision Bullets 124gr RN (http://www.precisionbullets.com/index.html). Worked a load using Win 231 powder, WSP primer, some old IVI 71 brass and varying the charge from 3.0 thru 4.2 grains of powder. Didn't feed properly until I got to the range of 3.6 gr powder. I settled on the 4.0 gr load. It shoots very well in a newer Browning MK III.

I really can't say enough about the Precision Bullets. I've been casting .45ACP for years and now I use their bullets for both 9mm and 45. They do not foul the way normal lead bullets foul. The price is such that it costs about the same if you don't consider freight.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Hello. I've not been able to get a cast or plated (Rainier) bullet to really,really group for me out of a HP like a few pet jacket loads.

That said, the best I've come up with has been a cast 124 gr FP (Rucker) or Rainer's 124 gr PRN over 6.9 gr Blue Dot. This averages about 1160 ft/sec from a HP and does fairly well. It's 10 ring accurate at 15 yards on an NRA 25 yard pistol target.

Not being rude or anything, but even though this relates to BHPs, it's probably better if it's over at reloading so I'll move it there now, but leave it here (locked) so that others might contribute.

Best and good shooting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.