1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best place to order an upper for my AR project? Looking for a 16" barrell w/removable carry handle 5.56/.223. Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays all.:rock:

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
grtactical.com has Bravo Company uppers for about 425. These are tier 1 uppers. Nothing to upgrade or change. Everything you would want an upper to be. Also has some LMT's for about the same price, maybe a little more. I would go with Bravo comp. Good luck.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
http://blackrifleworks.com/

Bought my lower at the last gun show. Plan on getting the upper in Feb at the next gun show. They can make up any configuration you want. They use DoubleStar components. I've heard good things about their products. Tracy

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
I will second BCM or LMT.
www.bravocompanyusa.com

I have 2 Del-Ton uppers, I will get back to you on how they are, haven't had a chance to check them out yet.

If you order an upper I recommend you do some research on what to look for before you do.

Some of the things I look for:

F marked FSB
M4 Feedramps
Chromelined barrel
1/7 twist, 1/9 is fine for 95% of the uses.
Mil-Spec M-16 BCG

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I will second BCM or LMT.
www.bravocompanyusa.com
I will add my support to these brands. A few others to consider would be Sabre (they makes the best barrels of anybody out there), Noveske (outstanding quality, but expensive), and Daniel Defense uppers.

In addition to checking out the G&R Tactical, and BravocompanyUSA.com (both of whom I've purchased from), check out PKFirearms.com. They have a number of these rifles available as complete uppers, and they have very good prices and great service. On their home page, drill down under their "Complete Upper Assemblies" section, they have Sabre, Noveske, and Daniel Defense uppers all in stock right now (no I don't work for them, just a happy customer).

Also don't overlook the other link on their home page, "PKF Custom Upper Assemblies." These are name brand uppers that their shop takes and adds extra, desirable name brand parts to, such as a quad rail, BUIS, enhanced triggers, and so on. These are often great bargains, I've bought one of their PKF Custom uppers that was an enhanced Sabre, and it is an excellent rifle.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I also purchased a LMT upper from BravoCompanyUSA. I purchased the lower from my local gunshop back in early 2008. Bravo was a very good company to deal with.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I took my Del-Ton (DTI) upper out to the range this week, and I must say, it performed flawlessly. Absolutely no issues at all.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a Bravo Company mid length and it is better than everything else I have ever owned. They have great pricing right now for the holidays, on their uppers as well as their BCG and charging handle. You can find a removable carry handle just about anywhere, but I would also look at the LMT rear sight. It has the same controls as the sight on the carry handle, only it doesn't include the carry handle and will make it easier to put an optic on down the road. I hope this helps

Semper Fi

Tim

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had good luck with PK Firearms recently. They had some items in stock that I couldn't find anywhere else, everything listed on their site is in stock and ready to ship, and they were very prompt about getting me what I ordered. Also, as others have mentioned, it's hard to go wrong with BCM or LMT.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am also building an AR right now, what are everyone's feelings on both Stag Arms and Spike's Tactical? And not just their uppers, but perhaps anything else they make?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
You can buy a good upper from many companies now a days. Most companies allow you to choose options that you desire. This gives you a chance to make sure it has the things included that are important to you. If you buy an already put together upper. Just make sure it meets your needs.

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
You have already gotten great advice on both the Bravo and LMT.

Noveske or LaRue are also outstanding, but priced to reflect the fact.

For a great price on a quality upper, be sure to look at Spikes Tactical, they are GTG with reasonable prices.

If you are looking at a piston upper, LWRC without question.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts