1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am torn between the Springfield mil spec and the Dan Wesson panther. I am looking for some input from people in the know. I am wondering wich would be a better shooter for a beginer. I know the panther has a cast frame and the mil spec is forged does this make a big difference.

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
Well, 1st off...welcome to the forum and get ready for a ride.

Any 1911 is going to lead to another and than maybe even a few more.

Myself, I don't know anything about Dan Wesson pistols at all.

I do however favor SA 1911's and if I could advise you to save just a bit more and pick up a Loaded SA 1911. You just might save money in the long run with the added features the Loaded comes with over the Mil Spec.

Mil Spec is a great gun but considered by more than a few as a great starter to start building from.

Good luck and again, welcome to the forum

Karsten

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes it will become addicting after our first purchase, and welcome!!!!!
Check tomorrows Az. Republic classifieds section under guns, Steve at Scottsdale Gun center usually has an ad in there, As was mentioned, you may want to consider a loaded model and they have them priced right.
Don`t say you haven`t been warned about getting bit by the 1911 bug.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I don't know too much about Dan Wesson 1911s, though I've shot them. Springfield has a lifetime warrantee, which, for some, is a good enough incentive right there to go with them. They're both quality pieces; you might want to go to a local shop and see if they have either for you to handle; sometimes just picking up one (first impression, if you will) will be enough to bring you to a decision. :)

Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts