1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I heard the audio on the truck radio last Friday, on the trip home.
Jason Lewis program, to give credit.
It sure is something to ponder seriously.
I've distrusted politicians ever since my time in the Navy, 1968-1972, so this comes as no surprise to me.

Thanks for the link,
Kur

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard the audio on the truck radio last Friday, on the trip home.
Jason Lewis program, to give credit.
It sure is something to ponder seriously.
I've distrusted politicians ever since my time in the Navy, 1968-1972, so this comes as no surprise to me.

Thanks for the link,
Kur
I realize this post has nothing to do directly with 2nd amendment issues, but thought it was important enough to post. Who knows what all is in the 200 pages of the treaty, and where else it could lead!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Just received a thing from RNC in the mail today. A questionaire about how I feel about various issues, but WITH STRINGS ATTACHED. Wanting money. I am sure, if no check enclosed, it'll go to file 13. If check not big enough, same result. As long as they keep backing the likes of mccain & his kind, no money from me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We can write to our elected officials until we are blue in the face. They don't care what our opinion is (see Cap and Trade, Obamacare), the only solution is to vote the bums out, until that happens Obama WILL sign this treaty and every other whacked out liberal piece of paper that the "international" community puts in front of him.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Lord Monckton (if you're not familiar with him please look him up and research him - he's probably our best friend since Maggie Thatcher!) mentioned this in a speech in the MidWest.

The Copenhagen Accords (if signed) would cede American sovereignty to the "World" Not a good thing IMSHO.

Remember that a "Treaty" has the power of Constitutional Law accorded to it...so it's not just a simple thing of - "oh...we don't have to abide by that" (We're actually one of the few countries that do abide by our treatys!)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
843 Posts
http://www.rightsidenews.com/200910...-puts-another-nail-in-copenhagens-coffin.html

A good article on him and this topic. This is sounding really bad!!!
It is a pretty horrible treaty. He also talked about it on Glenn Beck's radio show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xy5_L1vJKQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY5msesd-2c

Apparently he's going to be on Glenn Beck's TV show either tommorow or on Friday along with John Bolton who pretty much stopped all the anti-gun UN treaties from being put on the table because the US would never agree under his watch.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I realize this post has nothing to do directly with 2nd amendment issues, but thought it was important enough to post. Who knows what all is in the 200 pages of the treaty, and where else it could lead!
If this treaty is signed and ratified,
it trumps the Constitution....

I expect that the 2ndA would be affected somehow.

Kur

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Wouldn't signing a treaty that supersedes the U.S. Constitution be considered treason? Would it be enough for a call to arms against the domestic enemies of the Constitution?

It should, but the politicos won't do the first, and no one will start the later. A sad time for us Constitution loving dinosaurs. Yet a large part of America is getting just what they deserve. I hope it rides heavy and ugly on their collared necks and when they cry "how did this happen?" may a hard, ugly slap of the whip along with the words, "YOU begged for it!" is the reply. May the rest of us have one last good fight on the way out.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
If this treaty is signed and ratified,
it trumps the Constitution....

I expect that the 2ndA would be affected somehow.

Kur
Legally it doesn't "Trump" the Constitution - although it does have the full weight and measure of it...so that would be a case for the Supreme Court to decide (not sure I want that to happen!!!)

FWIW - yes...hidden in most of the U.N. directives is a "global anti armament" clause (which means your guns would ipso facto (it is because it is) become illegal!) And again...once the U.S. signs the treaty it has the full strength of law. Scary times boys and girls!!! (ahhh...and in only a couple of months I can leave and go to a seaside villa in Jaffa!)

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Legally it doesn't "Trump" the Constitution - although it does have the full weight and measure of it...so that would be a case for the Supreme Court to decide (not sure I want that to happen!!!)

FWIW - yes...hidden in most of the U.N. directives is a "global anti armament" clause (which means your guns would ipso facto (it is because it is) become illegal!) And again...once the U.S. signs the treaty it has the full strength of law. Scary times boys and girls!!! (ahhh...and in only a couple of months I can leave and go to a seaside villa in Jaffa!)
Thank you for stating clearly the point I was ineptly trying to make.
This is a dangerous deal, to say the least.

Thanks again,
Kur

·
Banned
8,526 Posts
Obamunism: The current political system that is currently being orchestrated by the executive and legislative branch of the federal government.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Wouldn't signing a treaty that supersedes the U.S. Constitution be considered treason? Would it be enough for a call to arms against the domestic enemies of the Constitution?
I know that the major reason that marijuana can't be legalized is because of treaties with other countries, so we do have a history of treaties and they can't be broken.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I know that the major reason that marijuana can't be legalized is because of treaties with other countries, so we do have a history of treaties and they can't be broken.
That's the problem with poorly thought out treaties.
We don't need marijuana from other countries, I suspect we can grow what we need right here.:biglaugh:

We REALLY don't want other countries dictating our behavior in this country.
Right or wrong, it's our problem.
"medical use" is still not fully explored, so if it ends up that an extract is the cure for whatever, then what?

During the hay-day of sail, I understand there was a Federal law requiring 10% of tillable acres to be planted in Hemp.
Yes, I know, big difference between the two, this is just for illustration.

My point is, tongue in cheek, if they mind their own business, we will continue to let them mind their own business.

Kur

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's the problem with poorly thought out treaties.
We don't need marijuana from other countries, I suspect we can grow what we need right here.:biglaugh:

We REALLY don't want other countries dictating our behavior in this country.
Right or wrong, it's our problem.
"medical use" is still not fully explored, so if it ends up that an extract is the cure for whatever, then what?

During the hay-day of sail, I understand there was a Federal law requiring 10% of tillable acres to be planted in Hemp.
Yes, I know, big difference between the two, this is just for illustration.

My point is, tongue in cheek, if they mind their own business, we will continue to let them mind their own business.

Kur
The biggest problem is, according to the video, is that the Third World Countries all want the U.S. in so that we can give them money!

Interesting, they don't want us to help, but they sure want our money. You know, that stuff that we don't have anymore!!!

Change- that's all were going to be left with jingling in our pockets!!

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
The biggest problem is, according to the video, is that the Third World Countries all want the U.S. in so that we can give them money!

Interesting, they don't want us to help, but they sure want our money. You know, that stuff that we don't have anymore!!!

Change- that's all were going to be left with jingling in our pockets!!
We have plenty of money left, the printing presses have been running non-stop for the past year! Of course it's slowly becoming worthless, but that's just a minor detail... :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
We have plenty of money left, the printing presses have been running non-stop for the past year! Of course it's slowly becoming worthless, but that's just a minor detail... :biglaugh:
It may not take real long to become worthless. Once the inflationary ball started rolling in Germany it was like a fire in a toothpick factory.

Regards,
Kur

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
It may not take real long to become worthless. Once the inflationary ball started rolling in Germany it was like a fire in a toothpick factory.

Regards,
Kur
This is the main reason I have been buying ammo, though Obama's politics are not far behind that.

If China stops buying debt, OR the dollar is dropped as the de facto currecy, look for the other to happen. And when it does, watch for other dominoes to fall.

Won't be pretty.....and it's only a matter of time.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts