1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I disassembled my EFS tonight to install my new grip screw bushings and grip screws. When I removed the barrel, the link pin fell half way out. I lightly pulled it and it came right out without any resistance.

Is this a problem I should worry about? If so, how should I remedy it? I have a couple of spare link pins but they all slide in and out with little resistance.

·
Registered
711 Posts
You could peen it in place with a few taps from a center punch, but it's not necessary. There is a channel in the frame that the lower lug rides in so it can't come out during use.

Personally, I peen them in.

------------------
Matthew 24:6
"You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things MUST take place...

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I had this problem with a used Frankenstein 1911 some years ago. I think whomever built it used all the cheap parts he can get. I took the pin out and beat the sh#t out of the tip of the pin, until I got the diameter of the tip larger than the rest of the body and reinstalled it(forcefully). I had about 8k of rounds through it after this treatment and it never came loose. Eventually traded it for a shotgun. You can try this approach or just buy an oversize one, I think Ed Brown makes one. Safe shooting!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info and ideas. Think I'll just get an oversized pin with my next brownell's order.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I dont have any problem with the pin coming out. I just have to watch out everytime I clean the gun.

vega

1 - 5 of 5 Posts