1911Forum banner

Loose beavertail?

1537 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  JeffC
Does anyone know how much lateral or side to side play is acceptable for the beavertail grip safety on a Loaded stainless? I recently had some warranty work done by Springfield (trigger pull was really heavy), and now noticed that the grip safety has more play or wiggle. I can break out some feeler gauges if someone here knows the specs. Thanks in advance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Have a Loaded Champion.
Grip safety play, (measuring from the bottom where the play is most) is .025"
(This is my pistol's measurement, not Springfield's specs, dont know what they are either)

I think this tolerance is purposely kept kinda loose so the safety will always work even if the pistol is full of gunk or whatever.

· Registered
3,859 Posts
I'd bet your grip safety feels looser because they tweaked the sear spring during your trigger job and there's less pressure on the beavertail now.

As far as fit goes, my parked Loaded fits snugly and my Hi-Cap has a gap large enough you could shove a quarter through..:scratch: .. well maybe I'm exagerating..:biglaugh: but you get my drift ;).

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information, the grip safety does feel a bit softer now that you mentioned it. Its not a problem for me, but it is a little annoying that my gun makes a rattling noise once in a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.