1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came back from the range yesterday and while I was cleaning I found that the ejector has side to side movement. I don't ever remember it being loose, but then I can't remember ever checking.

Is the ejector pined in place or is it staked in? And what can I do to fix it.

TIA,
Ron

·
Registered
61 Posts
If it is a new Springfield, it is pressed into place and locktite is used. Anything else should be pressed and pinned. There should be no noticable movement at all. Have it checked out.
Repair could be as simple as replacement, I would hate to resort to peening.
Daniel

------------------
1 peter 5:8

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a Colt 1991a1. I haven't had a bit of trouble with it in the 7 years and 10,000 + rounds since I have had it .

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
10,000 rds! I would expect an ejector replacement... At least you got 10,000 through your Colt... less than 500 through my Kimber and NO extractor tension

Good Luck!

------------------
Die trying

·
Registered
149 Posts
Drift out ejector locking pin, remove ejector for inspection. If nothing is broken just reassamble. If broken replace.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I found the ejector on my 1991 loose yesterday as well. It has only 300 rds of ball through it . It rocks fore and aft slightly. The ejector on my 1911 .38 super which has several hundred rds through is solid as a rock. Search for loose ejector on the Maintenance & Troubleshooting forum . Theres another good thread about this. I'm debating to tighten it up myself or just take it to the shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts