1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a custom Valor done in 38 super. While at the range last week, I noticed it started shooting to the left. I then saw that the front night sight had moved. It was loose and I was able to slide it off. I noticed that the sight and slide had been drilled for a pin. I don't know if there had been a pin installed but I doubt it. There was some red residue in the sight notch which was probably loctite or some other adhesive. My question is should I try to get a pin and install it or just locktite it back on. I would probably try blue first to see if it holds. If not, I can always go to red. Not sure what size pin I would need.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I've read about this happening in a number of different make 1911s. The front sight is held by a 1/16" roll pin and is set in with a 1/16" roll pin punch. If you're handy you can do it yourself in less than a minute - or contact DW CS and send the slide back for them to do it.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I put in a different sight in mine and my friends PM-9 (Trijicon white dot) and the roll pin did not line up on either. After speaking to Keith at DW about it he suggested to just Red Loctite the front sight in. So I used Blue on one and Red on the other and neither ever came loose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts