1911Forum banner

loose screws on grips

1316 11
Anybody have a suggestion for loose grip screws other than a screwdriver?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
loc-tite does work great. I actually used it on my little Walther P-22. A screw kept loosing up but it was one I dont ever plan on removing. Just be careful. Once it sets the screw may be difficult to remove, especially if you want to change the grips

· Registered
3,320 Posts
small rubber washers work well. I have heard soe say they have used tubing for aquariums I believe it was and cut into thin slices and you have a gazillion washers in the making in a short piece

· Registered
2,178 Posts
I use the purple LocTite for removable and adjustable thread applications. 1 application and the grips can be removed for cleaning and reinstalled repeatedly. The screws stay where they're supposed to.

· Registered
608 Posts
I had the same problem with my S&W and a pair of G10 grips, they would come loose after every range session, then I put some ordinary tape under those grips ad now they don't budge

· Banned
7,478 Posts
Para Ordnance ships their pistols with little O-rings under the screws. Their grip screws are relieved for the rings, but they work on any pistol.

Red Locktite on the bushings. Blue on the screws themselves if you want to go that way. Sparingly!

-- Chuck

· Registered
1,190 Posts
Bow string wax

I have used bow string wax to very good effect in this area. I got this idea from a freind when shooting archery. It keeps the feild points from coming loose.Works great fore grip screws as well. Has for me anyhoo.:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.