1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the second time this week, Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva has ordered gun shops to close again, Thoughts.

Lou

·
Registered
95 Posts
They had to close the gun shops so that the people standing in line at the Pot Dispensary stores could maintain the 6’ safe distance in line.:eek:

·
Administrator
72,393 Posts
Not surprised. No different than the San Diego county sheriff who refused to issue concealed weapons permits because he didn't believe private citizens needed to have them.

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
Bogus for sure!

But you sort of have to wonder. If somebody was thick headed enough to wait until the last minute to attempt to arm themselves. Do you really want them to be armed at any rate? :(

·
Super Moderator
14,732 Posts
But you sort of have to wonder. If somebody was thick headed enough to wait until the last minute to attempt to arm themselves. Do you really want them to be armed at any rate? :(
As long as they're not gang-bangers, dope-heads, or Democrats I say let em have guns.

·
Registered
95 Posts

Some of us like to purchase guns on a regular basis. It’s not a one and done item for me. How do you justify keeping Marijuana Shops open. There is no Constitutional right to Buy and Smoke Pot. In fact I believe there is a Federal Law against such activity. Go figure. :confused:

·
Administrator
18,592 Posts
But you sort of have to wonder. If somebody was thick headed enough to wait until the last minute to attempt to arm themselves. Do you really want them to be armed at any rate?

Some of us like to purchase guns on a regular basis. It’s not a one and done item for me. How do you justify keeping Marijuana Shops open. There is no Constitutional right to Buy and Smoke Pot. In fact I believe there is a Federal Law against such activity. Go figure.
Because of 4D buddy.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Yesterday the Trump administration issued an opinion that gun stores were essential business and should be allowed to stay open.

·
Administrator
18,592 Posts
BUt bUmPStOcKs!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva has Reversed his order and will reopen gun shops.:)

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
I think he did a lot of damage. With him going back and forth, closing the gun stores, allowing them to reopen only to close them again has done what he wanted. Now allowing them to reopen once more? I doubt many stores will reopen now. Worse is the long waiting period and all the back ground checks you have to go through in CA to get a gun and ammo anyway. Then he will suddenly order them closed again.

Can you even buy a gun and get ammo for it right away? You have waiting period before you can take it home. Then you have to pass a background check to buy the ammo for the gun. But you have to be on the CA gun owner registry to be allowed to buy ammo for your gun in that caliber only.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts