1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd narrowed down my research to a few holster names, the ubiquitous Sparks, Rosens, Delfattis, Alessis - plus a one-man operation I think in Montana or one of the Dakotas, an ex-police officer who makes gun leather worth a look...can anyone here help me trace his site down, I think it's on one of those host sites like geocities...

------------------
I knew Thomas Jefferson, he was a friend of mine...Governor Clinton, you're no Thomas Jefferson

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it wasn't Bill Bowden, though I like his stuff as well. This fellow was unassuming, maybe late 50's early 60s judging by the picture, not a huge line of holsters but a few good choices, he was an ex-policeman, maybe it was wyoming...it's not critical, I'm a little anal when it comes to research and I hate having lost a good lead...Also, the choice between leather Alessi's and Sparks' is quite difficult, maybe I was just looking for an easy out...

It'll take me another month before I make up my mind...

Thanks

------------------
I knew Thomas Jefferson, he was a friend of mine...Governor Clinton, you're no Thomas Jefferson

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Raspy, thanks for the interest, it wasn't Haugen, though the description he fits tha bill - his stuff is veeeery nice!

Thanks all of you, but I probably shouldn't belabor the point and take up unnecessary bandwidth...

There are some masters out there, I'll focus my research on them...

Thanks again

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
I believe the guy works out of a mall, but darn if I can remember the name. In fact I am thinking he is actually in the Dokatas or somewhere like that. If it comes to me I will post it.

------------------
Waldon Holster Co.
Custom Crafted Perfection

Quality Holsters at an Affordable Price
[email protected]
www.waldonholsters.com

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all, I'll find him eventually. I didn't mean to take up so much bandwidth on a personal request.

Thanks again folks...

------------------

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Hey gigi, don't worry about bandwidth. We're here to help you, and in case you haven't noticed yet, some of our members just don't give up that easy. Expect this thread to last a little bit longer - sooner or later, one our 3500+ members will guess your mystery holster maker!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Ok...I will try...How about...Ken Burnham...This guy lives in Minesota...but shoots IDPA in North Dakota....He makes some real nice holsters...and...he has several that are approved for IDPA.

anyway
good luck
Greg

·
Registered
285 Posts
I am from Rafter S gunleather in Mo. , two out of three of us there are Deputy Sheriffs but we dont think you were looking for us and cant think of who you were referring to . But you can see us at the below address if you get tired of searching .

------------------
S.L. Caldwell
Leathercrafter
Rafter S Gunleather 417-277-5636
www.raftersgunleather.com

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bronco, do you have a web address for Ken Burnham? I did a search with no results. JAF0216, thanks, I've been to your site a number of times...really beautiful leatherwork. The reason I'm hung up on this mistery holster maker is that I visited his site and then lost it, without much chance to truly appraise his work.

Thanks again

------------------

·
Registered
489 Posts
Gigi....I think I only have a phone number for Ken...and thats at work....but I will check into any web info for you.

Greg

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I went to the IDPA website, where the good folk there post a list of all approved holstermakers. Ken Burnham is listed...he might be the mystery holster maker - I remember seeing "IDPA approved" for certain models on that website. I would like my holster to be IDPA approved, since I'd like to take up competitive shooting...

Thanks for the help all of you.

------------------

1 - 16 of 16 Posts