1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Lou,

I have two belts - one leather, one Uncle Mike's Mirage (nylon w/polymer insert) that I need to put additional holes in. In the past I've used an awl to make belt holes, but they are usually pretty small. Is there some trick an average guy can use to make a decent hole in a belt w/o having to buy any special equipment? Thanks.

------------------
Regards,
AZFred

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I'm not Lou, but I take mine to my shoe repair guy and he punches it with that leather wheel with the studs on it....

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that's an idea! Why didn't I think of that?
Thanks, P7.

G

·
I'm not Lou either, but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express once.

I would not use the awl. The local shoe repair is a great suggestion. Along those same lines any saddle shop in your area would have the right tools as well. Or you could visit a local farm store such as Tactor Supply. They will have the rotary punches on the shelf for purchase. They are usually pretty reasonable around $8.00. Use the largest hole on the wheel. It may not be as big as the holes in your belt, but it will beat the heck out of the awl.

------------------
Waldon Holster Co.
Custom Crafted Perfection

Quality Holsters at an Affordable Price
[email protected]
www.waldonholsters.com

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hey Fred, They gave you good advice! Or,,,if you lived near Buffalo, you could just stop in the shop for a cup of coffee while I punched the holes in your belt!
Thanks for the help guys.

Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.
You'll never know it's there, until you need it.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I LOVE this board! Thanks all.

------------------
Regards,
AZFred

1 - 6 of 6 Posts