1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered 3 47d's on Tuesday last... called yesterday for a tracking number (I don't like leaving packages on the doorstep for long)... discovered they boned the order, that they were "'sorry' and that it was shipping as we speak with tracking# blah-blah, and have a nice day" click...

I called back to ask what had happened and why and could they overnight them as I need them by Thursday... xfered to various depts and eventually disconnected. Sent courteous email asking for attention and satisfaction and 36 hours later have yet to get a response.

Wilson Combat, if anyone of your employees read this, please inform your management that I will no longer deal with your firm directly, and will be encouraging my students to do the same. I'd rather pay $2-$5 more per mag at a store 40 miles away than deal with inept people.

Sorry for the rant folks, this seems like the most appropriate place for it... anyone else have similar experiences?

Pat

[This message has been edited by Arrowman (edited 11-06-2001).]

·
Registered
79 Posts
Arrowman,

You may be alone on this one; as I have had nothing but superb service from WC.

They are in my opinion the best in the business! The best quality and the best service are WC.

·
Banned
217 Posts
Yep, you're alone on this. Wilson got me my mags faster and cheaper than either Natchez or Midway. I was pretty impressed with Wilson's service.

------------------
Have a great day!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe they pegged me for a yankee... heheh
I'm calling them tomorrow AM to give them a chance for redemption.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Arrowman

I agree with everyone else. It seems you are having a unique experience. I have excelent service from Wilson both over the phone and online. In fact I now do my purchases almost exclusively on line (parts, no pistols yet) and everything shows up when it is expected.

Good luck with your phone call.

------------------
Str8_Shot

The best handgun for self defense, is the one you have with you.

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
I bought several of their used 47D mags when they were offering them. I have had problems with some of them (won't drop from gun, cracked feed lips). I send them back and in less than a week I get brand new mags. Hard to argue with customer service like that.

------------------
"Even the most normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats"
Mencken

·
Registered
541 Posts
I've had nothing but outstanding service and advice from WILSON. Phone, e-mail and parts delivery concerning both of my WILSON pistols and I've been a YANKEE all my life!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Originally posted by Arrowman:
Maybe they pegged me for a yankee... heheh
I'm calling them tomorrow AM to give them a chance for redemption.
I did have an issue with their 47DC mags. I asked for a return authorization, but I asked them to also send me new mags on my credit card, and credit my card when my return actually got there. I had a class and I needed the mags. Well, Wilson sent me the new mags, and when they got the returns back, the sent me some more new mags.

Well, I just called them and told them what happended and they immediately took the money off my charge and left it to the "honor" system as to when the 2nd batch of mags would get returned to them. Which, of course, I did a couple days later.

There are going to be mistakes. That is only human. The best that you can hope for is that when those mistakes happen, the company does the right thing to correct it. Wilson certainly did that. I don't think you could ask for much more.

[This message has been edited by Gun Nut (edited 11-07-2001).]

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update:
I spoke with a representative this morning and got the following, reasonable explanation, and an apology (which, other than having my mags in time for a shoot tomorrow night, is all I really wanted.)

Apparently, when you place a web order, your card is billed immediately, and their system generates a confirmation email that tells you it's been processed and shipped, which,he said, isn't 100% true... Your money is taken, but they have only 4 people, working 4 days a week, packing hundreds of web orders daily, and only 1 'shipper'... he said it usually takes 4 to 5 days for a web order to ship, but phone orders ship same day. He added that if his web folks would mention that on their site, they'd receive less calls about delayed web transactions.

Sounds reasonable to me, I only wish that such a disclaimer was on their site, as I would have waited until after work and called, rather than purchasing online during lunch.

Live and learn..

So, anyone in the philly area think they could loan me some reliable mags for 48 hours? :) I could offer 3 Shooting stars and 2 llama's as collateral...

·
Registered
853 Posts
Originally posted by Arrowman:
he said it usually takes 4 to 5 days for a web order to ship
I have to tell you that is not been my experience with Wilson at all. I only make web orders and the product is usually on my doorstep or in my mailbox in 5 or 6 days, so I know they must be shipping on the same day for web orders. Now please don't misunderstand me; I am not saying they spun you a line I am only saying that in my experience web orders get to my house pronto.

In fact three 47D's for my Kimber Ultra Carry were sitting on the porch this evening when I got home thank's to UPS and I ordered them last Wednesday. Considering that there is no UPS deliery on Saturday or Sunday that means the total transit time was 5 days from the order.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If that's the case, I'm sticking to my original statement... even deleted them from my browser's favorites... I can't abide poor/misleading service.

If we ordered our mags the same day, (placed my order at noon Eastern time) there's no excuse for them not shipping it until monday... Now I'm 17 hours away from a competition and it looks like I'll be without reliable mags. Actually, I think I'll go straight to a shop in Chalfont, buy the mags from them (at $30 a pop) and call WC and tell them to refund me upon receipt of the REFUSED delivery from UPS. :-(

[This message has been edited by Arrowman (edited 11-08-2001).]

·
Registered
247 Posts
Arrowman,

I would like to clarify a couple of things about receiving web orders from WC. The truth of the matter is that both the rep from WC and Patrickl are correct. A majority of the web orders will be processed next day, which means delivery could take place within 4-5 days (depending on your location). But there are many times that due to the large amount of orders received it might be a couple of days before the order is even processed through the system. Of course any order placed on a Friday afternoon or later, will most likely not be seen until Monday so it could be a week before delivery. I am sure that any difficulty could be resolved and I hope that you will allow us to do so.

------------------
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you.

Don't be afraid of the Truth

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I just ordered three KZ45 magazines from WC on Monday last week on the phone and had them in four working days via standard UPS - plenty of time for the match on Sat. I talked to Frank.

When I need something from WC, I just call 'em. Now Frank is out for back surgery... seems that working hard for us shooters takes its toll.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Arrowman,
I have had the same problems. I have learned that if I don't need something in a hurry, i.e. recoil springs, etc., I order over the web because I'll know it will get here eventually. But if I really need a part you must call Wilson direct.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You're not alone Arrowman. Five weeks ago I had ordered a STAINLESS Bullet Proof Extractor from Wilson over their website. Three weeks later the package finally arrived. And guess what? They sent a BLUE Extractor. Called them the same day and told them about the error. The rep on the phone was very polite, and gave me a Return Authorization number and had me send the package to the attention of one of their other reps. Package went in the mail the same day.
Well... It's been another two weeks now, and no sign of my Stainless Extractor. Also, during this five weeks, I've emailed them twice, and have yet to receive a response.
About 3 years ago I had a similar experience with Wilson.

Example of good customer service? Not likely.
If a company can't keep up with business generated through their website, and can't respond to their email, maybe internet sales isn't quite their cup of tea.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I have found that if I order a variety of parts from Wilson, there is a good chance that part of the order will be filled pretty quickly and the other part not arrive for 2-3 weeks. I order enough so that I don't pay for shipping, but Wilson does and does it twice. That seems to be an expensive way of doing business.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My personal rules:
Never trust a phone system, if it hangs up on you there's nothing the people can do, you're just lost unless you call back.
Never trust email, it's too easy for it to fall into any one of a number of bottomless pits.

I call till I talk to a human and that always seems to help. Sometimes it takes a while which can be at least annoying or pretty inconvenient but you're not going to have anyone that's really good at what they do that's not a little overworked, that seems to be the way it is these days.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Me either, I got my order in 3 days.:D

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I bought some little parts over the web, including a magazine follower, from Wilson.

I wanted a follower for an old-style 10-round mag, the concave style. They apparently don't offer that anymore, so I put the new style follower in the old style mag. It didn't work.

I called Wilson to see if they had any old-style followers. They said no, but after I explained what I was trying to do, and said if I need a mag to work, they'll just sent me a new 10 round mag.

So, for the price of a follower, I got a complete 10-round mag.

That's unbelievable customer service.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts