1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unnamed Va official declares that he expected a way bigger turnout Monday. Since when? When was the last time any rally hit 22000? GIve me a break and yes I know who it was but I did not want to embarassed him. And yes I know how to spell embarrassed!!

·
Super Moderator
14,160 Posts
Large turnout or small turnout - always depends on one's definition.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Don't think of it as a small turnout.

Think of it as an intimate gathering of the VCDL with 22000 of their friends.

Around my AO, there are lots of towns with less than 3000 people in them.

·
Administrator
72,052 Posts
They are probably comparing it to a typical "million mom" march, which in truth rarely involves more than a few thousand people. But don't let the public know that.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I was at Glenn Beck’s DC rally. That was huge.

The VA rally was a blockbuster by 2A standards.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Even if it was just 22,000, the MDA rally 2 weeks prior was 32.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,682 Posts
What is your reason for not naming this person? I’m sure Jolly Roger and I’m not the only person reading this that doesn’t know who you are talking about, are you in fear for your life?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Even if it was just 22,000, the MDA rally 2 weeks prior was 32.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would you please explain? The only MDA I know is the Muscular Dystrophy Association. And, does 32 mean 32 people or 32,000?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,386 Posts
I see it as a starting point. We need to keep stirring the pot.
I have a tendency to agree. We have always been the peaceful ones and those activist pukes know it. I’m not advocating violence and we will still pick up our trash, but people need to know that gun owners aren’t just holed up in little rural towns in Kansas. On the other hand, it would pleasure me to no end to be in attendance at a rally and have the Antifa pansies show up. That would justify a good old fashioned beat down! But alas, they would be cowering in their parents basement, wearing their sisters clothes, until the big bad men have left.

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
One of the problems is that the pro 2nd side
tends to be gainfully employed persons.

Days off are prized for any number of reasons, like family time.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
They frickin flooded that place with peaceful armed marchers.
It’s comforting to know that many will show up for a rally.
I only wonder if there really was a need for armed men how many would show up?
And by that I mean everyone showed up because they knew it was a peaceful rally. If it was the front line of conflict would all of those people have still showed and been ready to possibly make the sacrifice?
Not to stir up an old discussion but I was quite pleased to see how many armed folks showed up to defend a rancher and his cattle. In that case the govt backed down and away before the S really hit the F.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Coonman's entire emergency order was 2 fold.
1. Attempting to goad someone on our side to "do" something in order to point the finger at proof that the 4th safest state in the nation needs more gun control.

2. Shut down and fence off the area so that the crowd looks much smaller, harder to get a good photo of how many people were there.

The unnamed official is a tard. This rally was huge.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Small turnout

Well , to be honest, at this point I cannot remember who it was that said the turnout would be bigger but what I meant to say was when was the last time the turn out at Richmond was 22000. Still a turn out of 22000 for the 2nd amendment issue was hugh.

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Still a turn out of 22000 for the 2nd amendment issue was high.
Probably would have been much higher too if gun supporters wouldn't of had to work and didn't have douchebag gun hating bosses that said work or punch out for the last time. :rolleyes:

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
779 Posts
Probably would have been much higher too if gun supporters wouldn't of had to work and didn't have douchebag gun hating bosses that said work or punch out for the last time. :rolleyes:

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
1/20/20 was MLK Day, and a lot of people were off work (I was, as schools were closed). It was AWESOME to be a part of the 22,000 people downtown at the State Capitol! :rock:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts