1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if any new "policies" will be implemented in light of this. I am also interested to know if this guy was carrying legally.

WORCESTER, Mass. — Two people were shot at Lowe's Home Improvement (search) store Monday afternoon, according to a company spokeswoman. Their conditions were not immediately known.

One of the people shot was an employee and the other was a contractor for the store, according to Lowe's corporate spokeswoman Chris Ahearn.

The identity of the shooter and the person's relationship to the victims was not known. Ahearn said the shooting involved "two individuals as well as the alleged shooter."

Ahearn said the store is closed, and police are investigating.

Police did not immediately comment on the shooting.

The shooting happened just inside the commercial entrance to the store, Ahearn said.

The suspect escaped in a 1993 Chevy Silverado (search), the Telegram & Gazette of Worcester reported on its Web site.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I am on a job interview in Boston right now, and happened to catch this on the local news. Only a couple of miles from where I'm at. It will be interesting to see what happens after the recent discussions regarding concealed carry and Home Depot.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Geography question

"I am on a job interview in Boston right now, and happened to
catch this on the local news. Only a couple of miles from where
I'm at."

Really? Given that Boston is on the East coast of Massachusetts, while Worcester is in the center of the state, and that the two are separated by about 50 miles and 3 counties, how is that possible?

The really ridiculous image from this shooting was the area being "secured" by cops with M-16s HOURS after the incident. What, did they think the shooter was coming back? :confused:

·
Registered
60 Posts
yet another example of the crimes that are kept from happening by banning firearms.

as a lowe's employee (sympathy cards will be accepted) i can't wait for the "no concealable weapons" signs that will soon be appearing on the front door of my place of business. that means i will not be allowed (by law) to carry a personal defense weapon in my vehicle while at work, which could possibly prevent a similar occurance. wonder if they would accept allowing employee's carrying weapons while on the job? i ain't holdin my breath.

guess it's time to start looking for a new job.

kris

·
Registered
460 Posts
Re: Geography question

Number 6 said:
[Really? Given that Boston is on the East coast of Massachusetts, while Worcester is in the center of the state, and that the two are separated by about 50 miles and 3 counties, how is that possible?[/B]
My interview was just west of Lexington, at MIT Lincoln Labs. West of 95, about 20 miles east of Worcester. I didn't mean to imply it happened right next door. The local news had the story as the headline all night, along with the snow storm that came through.

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
Out here, 50 miles IS right next door. Any one of our fifteen counties are bigger than some states back there! :D

Media and police overkill are common in these situations. Both have to justify their existance, thus the glorified coverage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts