1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some info from individuals that have had feeding problems with the LS9 and what solutions they might have found. I finally got to take mine to the range and am somewhat disapaointed with its inital performance. Hang ups in almost every single magazine. Mostly failure to ejects. Despite problems, this gun is a great shooter. pretty darned accurate out to about 20 yards. I love the gun and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction towards fixing it. I plan on calling STI on Monday. How are they in the Service Dept.?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Failure to eject suggests (at least to me) and extractor/ejector issue...or maybe a mag issue. other than that cant help ya, my dads BLS 9mm ran like a top since we got it, it was my edge that had issues. STI will take care of you, dont u worry.

·
Registered
541 Posts
had a LS9 awhile back......problems with it sent it back to STI they did a great job...fixing it..turned out to be a great little pistol. I do have a problem with having to fix a "new" pistol but as i said STI did it all with no problems, they made it right.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'm glad to here that STI has good service. I'm looking forward to getting the kinks worked out of what I feel to be an otherwise great little pistol.

acharo1021

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
STI does have good service. As a matter of fact I would say great service. Ask for Cris when you call and I'm sure they will fit your LS-9.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Brand new? make sure that you have enough lube on the barrel and barrel hood. mine did that to me when I first got it, first 100 rounds constant failures. after a little lube and hand cycling it is functioning 100%, 400 rds no failures.

Tim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, it's not brand new, but appears to have been fired very little. I have cleaned, lubed and fired 300 rounds through it with no improvement. I did call STI today and by a stroke of luck was put through to Chris. I agree with Gary1911A1 that Chris was very helpful. Unfortunately, it looks like I've got to send it in, but Chris assures me it can be fixed. He said there have been several upgrades since my pistol was produced (1999). I'm just glad they are so willing to help. Thanks for all the replies, and I will update with the progress.

acharo1021

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
u failed to mention it was the older model, i beleived they had an issue with mags as well as a few others that have since been ironed out...figure about a week (they will look at the gun next monday, since its a small buisness, they only do repairs on mondays, the rest of the time they build guns).

its not a stroke of luck that chris answered...hes the only one who takes calls on warrenty/repair issues:p, STI has a much smaller staff than most people think, its not like a ruger or S&W who has tons of people working for them, thats one of the reasons why their guns are such high quality..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update:

Well I got my LS9 back from STI today after about 2 weeks worth of warranty work. I can't beleive the amount of work that went into this gun. Sti replaced, at no charge, the entire top end including the barrel/ cam block, recoil system, slide stop, thumb safety, extractor, grip safety and magazine. Wow. I am stunned by this level of service for a gun that I bought second hand. I'm going to the range this Saturday and will update with results. If any one were to ask me about STI' service, I would say it's top notch

acharo1021

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Glad to hear you got your LS-9 back. I'm sure you will be pleased when you shoot it. It is a fine carry pistol. Be sure to let us know how well it shoots.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Re: Update:

acharo1021 said:
Wow. I am stunned by this level of service for a gun that I bought second hand.
That's their normal level of service they give everybody. If only that could spread like the Chicken Flu, how great would that be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got to go to the range on Saturday and I couldn't be happier. Over 200 rounds through it (jhp and fmj) and not a single hang-up. I will happily recommend STI to anyone that asks. :p

acharo1021

1 - 12 of 12 Posts