1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,303 Posts
Any of the alloy-framed Pro models.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
You've got a few options .... The Pro CDP II, Pro Tactical II, Pro Carry with Aluminum frame, etc. .... all are great guns!

·
Administrator
13,263 Posts
Keep in mind that they don't make an exact equivalent . The Colt has a 4.25" bbl and 4" on the Kimber .
Trivial , but I felt we should clarify . :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.........I live in Calif and thus my choices are some what limited.....Pros vs Cons in the Pro series anyone??

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can't help you... I've got the big one and the little one... a Kimber Classic and an Ultra Carry and I use both all the time. My stainless Classic for competition and my UC for daily carry.

·
Premium Member
20,303 Posts
Pro: Kimber's excellent 4" bull barrel; Full size grip for larger hands; Fits in either dedicated holsters or those made for a Commander; Uses common Gov't magazines

Con: Full size grip is more difficult to conceal when compared to the Compact; Recommended replacement cycle of the recoil spring is only 800 rounds; Loss of velocity when compared to 5" models

·
Registered
59 Posts
Pro Carry II-

Pro- Excellent gun, very reliable (mine digests Wolf, Blazer, Amerc and WWII surplus (all fed with Kimber 7 & 8 round mags) without a hitch), nicely contollable, especially considering the length and weight.

Cons- Bushingless design does require a takedown tool (piece of small wire w/ a little "hook" in the end) to strip the slide. I don't think it's a big deal, but it is something you should know before purchasing.

If the 4" bbl/ full-size grip fits your basic requirements, there are several models to choose from.

Happy Hunting!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts