1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the LTC 4.25" I was looking a 1911 and decided on this model for the price name and looks. Why are some accessories hard to get for the LTC? Also what does the LTC stand for and how is the reliability?

Thanks for any info.

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
Don't have a clue what you mean by "accessories." The LTC is a Colt's Commander clone. Alloy frame or all stainless, take your choice. I prefer the alloy frame model. All standard Commander "accessories" other than the PXT extractor should work.

LTC is Lieutenant Colonel. Or so Para says. Rather strange for a Canadian company. Canadian Lientenant Colonel abbreviation is LCOL.

Anyway, Navy Commanders call Army Lieutenant Colonels "Sir." :)

-- Chuck

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Rusty:

My spies say that "LTC" is "Lieutenant Colonel", sort of a play on "Commander"....

Almost bought one a couple months ago. The Tac-S looked good, too - LDA.

I can't comment on the accessories issue. Part of the trick with Para is figuring out which gun you're really holding and looking for accessories under that name. I think "P745" is the LTC's base designation. Colt Commander leather ought to fit. Other stuff may be somewhat more proprietary, but easy enough to find.

Enjoy it!

(I ended up with a similarly-sized Kimber. The price was right.... No regrets, but another Para's on the list when the VISA recovers. :p )

Regards,

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can't comment on the accessories issue. Part of the trick with Para is figuring out which gun you're really holding and looking for accessories under that name. I think "P745" is the LTC's base designation.
That depends on which version of the LTC you have... mine, for instance, is a double stack "p1445" base.

Unless I'm totally clueless, and the LTC name designates only a single model, and the others are just "LTC double stack" or whatever...

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
Para Ordnance Colonel is a double stack Commander barrel length LDA pistol.

The High Cap LTC is single action, high capacity.

The high capacity models are not a pimped out as the black LTC with the stainless steel finish on several small parts.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Thanks guys.... I wasn't aware Para made a Hi-Cap LTC.... I was looking at the Commander clone when my dealer waved that Kimber at me....

Should have bought both, but my wife is starting to get wise to the "look what I found in the safe" bit....

Regards,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts