1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never shot a centerfire rifle until yesterday, and when I did it was a MACHINE GUN!

A private club I hope to join was having a Class 3 day, with 34 different machine guns available for 25 cents per round. It was a fundraiser for the club and the Second Amendment Sisters.

So, the first centerfire rifle I ever shot was 60 rounds through an M-60 machine gun. What a blast! Literally! Shooting at pumpkins 100 yards downrange. What an awesome weapon.

I then moved on to an AK-47, which I was not impressed with. Tiny sights, hot bayonet lug, and some pin behind the trigger walked itself out after 20 rounds, tying up the gun.

Then on to a Colt M-16, which was terrific.
After that two H&K's -- a PDW (9mm) and an MP5. really liked that MP5, cleaned the falling plates at 15 yards (one by one) twice with no problem.

Now, my only problem is having to settle for semi-auto only when I finally purchase that Colt or Bushmaster I've been eyeing...

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Great fun ain't it?

And expensive it is. All my full-auto shooting was paid for out of the national purse.

But shouldn't we all be able to do this without paying a $200 tax as well?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I'm surprised that after firing the M60 you even wanted to mess with anything else. Pretty good selection you got to fire for the first time. The good thing is that it never becomes less of a rush.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts