1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. Let me start with a little background. I purchased my first Colt back on Sept. of last year. It is a XSE Gvm. model. Couldn't be happier. But then I found this site, and everyone here was talking about how "You'll never be happy with just one" Well, now the bug has bit me. One local dealer here in town has an Officers model XS lightweight. Yes, I said XS, not XSE. They want $685 for it, and from what I have read here, is a very good price. I don't have quite all the money, but they'll take a deposit, and hold it until it is paid off. I have also been eyeing a Ket-Tek 32 for a carry gun. I'm planning on getting my CWP this summer. I know the officers model is smaller, but in the hot SC summers, and me being almost 300lbs, it might get hard to conceal a .45. Forget the IWB holsters. Too much "love handle" to get in the way! SOB holster? After back surgery? Might get painful setting down with a gun digging in my back where the good doc. fixed me up. The Kel-Tek will fin in my pocket with ease, and it is very lighweight. I guess my question here is should I go ahead with the Colt while I still can, and get the Kel-Tek later? Opinions please. ( That ought to be good, coming from you Colt guys!)

·
Registered
645 Posts
ScottsGT -

On most days my carry gun is a Colt Officers model in a Rafter S OWB hoster. However on those days when I want to wear shorts or tuck my shirt inside my pants which makes it impracticle to use a belt holster, I carry my Kel-Tec P-11 in a pocket holster. The P-11 I believe is a better alternative to the P-32 as 10 rounds of 9mm gives me more confidence than 7 rounds of 32's. The pocket holster I use is made by Don Hume and the gun can be used in the front pocket of most of my pants and shorts without printing. The holster stays in my pocket when drawing the gun (nice feature) and didn't cost very much.

If you could only have one gun I would go for a good 1911 style but if you could have both I would go with the P-11.

Of course that's JMHO,
MadDog

·
Registered
286 Posts
Go for the Officer's, you won't be disappointed! Many have traveled the road you are on. I say if you can carry a .45 then you carry it. If you have to go with a fanny pack. If you don't have to tuck the shirt in then a belt holster will do well with an officer's.

------------------
Simian

NRA Life Member

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh well, went to put my money down on it and someone beat me to it. Live and learn! Should have bought it last week. Damned thing has been there 2 month or longer. Now that I wanted it, it's gone. Sorry, had to vent.

·
Registered
286 Posts
That's a bummer, though everyone has probably been through that.

------------------
Simian

NRA Life Member

1 - 5 of 5 Posts