1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about the LW Champ Operator for CCW? I really like the looks and form of it and happened to find one at a local shop for $750 plus tax. I would really like a compact 1911 for CCW and it would double as HD duty in the quick access safe.

Does the rail add to much to the gun to be used as CCW or not?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I too am seriously considering a LW Champ Operator. The best I can find around here is $800 +tax for a new one.
I've not read any concerns about them - and I've asked too! Good luck.

Regards,

·
Registered
41 Posts
I purchased a SA LW Champ Operator about two weeks ago to keep my MC Operator and EMP company. I ran a few hundred rounds through it last week and didn’t experience any issues with it. Recoil was manageable and not uncomfortable. Muzzle rise was more significant than the MC, but still controllable. Finish and fit were good and what you come to expect with an SA product. I purchased mine through Whittaker Guns online for $802 delivered. This is my second purchase with them and they have been very good to deal with. The height of the Champ is the same as the Government (MC) Operator, about 5.5”. Personally, I prefer a pistol in the 5” range for CCW.

EAJ

·
Registered
437 Posts
Got any pics EAJ?? :rofl:

·
Registered
364 Posts
i carry a LW champion operator IWB and i love it.
It's just as light as some plastic guns, but with a much better feel. I added an extended mag well and carry the new legendary WC mags.
The ambi-safety is a nice feature, the tritium night sights are great, and it shoots really nicely.
The only thing i changed was the guide rod as i hated the stock dual-spring one for disassembly. I got a wilson combat 2-piece FLGR. In retrospect it might be better to just get a guide plug as the 2-piece FLGR still requires an allen wrench to disassemble, and it tends to back itself out after a few rounds.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just recently purchased a LW OP Champion. I love it. It is my CCW right now. Functions great, and for a LTWT with only a 4" bbl, the recoil is more than manageable. Trigger is smooth and quick. You'll enjoy it if you get it.

SAC

·
Registered
437 Posts
Great pics folks.................EAJ, what a collection!! Thanks.
I may have to have a chat with Santa about a LW Champ Operator........:rock:

Regards,

·
Registered
500 Posts
EAJ saved the best for last. I love my P22!
OK, OK... there are a couple of other nice ones in there. :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts