1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you guys have got to be carrying a Lightweight Operator Champion. This is awesome gun. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out which holster to get. I'm really starting to lean toward an IWB holster (tuckable would be even better), so I can conceal it easier in the summer months. I'm having a hard time finding a good holster that will fit with the light rails. I don't plan on attaching anything to the rails. What do you guys recommend? Pictures, links, reviews, anything would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
LW Operator Holster

I have a LW Champion Operator and two holsters that currently fit it. The first is the Blackhawk CQC Leather Compact Askins size 01 the second is the BlackHawk CQC Leather Inside Pants Holster size 01. The later will be a tight fit at first but if you stretch it out by wrapping a rag or sock around your gun and holstering it it'll fit perfect after about a day and a half. The IWB Blackhawk is a government length holster but has no problem carrying the LW Champion. I have also been told that the molded Blackhawk SERPA holster for a 1911 will also fit but haven't tried it myself.

Hope this helps.

JP

http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.aspx?productID=10565&TabID=548

http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.aspx?productID=10564&TabID=548

Attachments

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I really like that setup. I think I might go with the same two holsters. The price is very reasonable. Thanks again!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Blackhawk SERPA • 1911

The Blackhawk 1911 SERPA works too. Just got one this weekend. Mine's a revision 3. Has a much better paddle assembly than my revision 1 for my USP compact. I'll get some photos up soon after Christmas.

FYI: With the 1911 SERPA a slight mod will get a Sig Revolution 1911 to fit as well. I'll post a how-to later.

JP

·
Registered
827 Posts
wkupj07 said:
I have a LW Champion Operator and two holsters that currently fit it. The first is the Blackhawk CQC Leather Compact Askins size 01 the second is the BlackHawk CQC Leather Inside Pants Holster size 01. The later will be a tight fit at first but if you stretch it out by wrapping a rag or sock around your gun and holstering it it'll fit perfect after about a day and a half. The IWB Blackhawk is a government length holster but has no problem carrying the LW Champion. I have also been told that the molded Blackhawk SERPA holster for a 1911 will also fit but haven't tried it myself.

Hope this helps.

JP

http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.aspx?productID=10565&TabID=548

http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.aspx?productID=10564&TabID=548

Which grips are these?

·
Registered
126 Posts
On the Blackhawk holster, it says that the loop design makes the grip ride close to the body. Does this really work? I'm seriously thinking of ordering one but I want to make sure that this system really works the way they intended.

Also, was the fit pretty tight with the rail?

·
Registered
12 Posts
1911 SERPA with Rail

Both SERPA's I have hold the weapon close to the body but not as close as say a pancake or IWB holster. The loop on the new 1911 one I got is about 1/3 larger than the one for my USP wHich helps a lot with the stability. Also, on the revision-c series they made the "claws" on the paddle adjustable for different size belts. But as far as how close the grip rides on the body, for me, my operator rides touching my side but not pressed against me. On a draw there is plenty of room for an initial combat grip.

Everyone is different though and depending upon how high or low you naturally wear your pants/belt on your body, as well as your body shape will determine how the holster (especially a paddle) rides - not necessarily the design of the holster.

The tension adjustment on the SERPA can make the draw retention as aggressive or easy as you want it. When loosened to a medium retention setting there is not any play with the gun but isn't uncomfortably tight. Well - I'll just say that my holster isn't naturally tight if you don't crank the screw down and make it that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts