1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:scratch:
Could someone provide info on LWT frames currently manufactured in the USA? I know the big name brands but wonder about lesser-known suppliers.
In your experience are LWT frames a good starting point for a built gun from readily available parts in the 1911 marketplace?
Thoughts and Opinions please . . .
:scratch:

·
Registered
437 Posts
I can only wish that someone would make a high quality LWT frame. Kimber makes them but you can only get them with the Series II safety system, which I will not use. I have no idea what the start up and manufacturing costs would be for a company to start making LWT frames. That may be one reason they are not offered. I'd buy two this very moment if they were available.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Info from Khar-Arms

A return e/male from [email protected] advises
seperate frames may be available in about a month
(late Jan '08). Let Khar Arms know you're interested.
LWT's :rock:

·
Registered
23,211 Posts
The Kahr ref above is the best I have found. Caspian quit making Aluminum alloy frames and then Titanium frames after Ruger quit making Titanium golf club shafts and got out of the Titanium bizz. I mention Caspian as these frames keep showing up at gunshows. For Aluminum frames I would go for Colt or S&W (Scandium Aluminum). For Titanium frames S&W or Taurus has the tech and could make them for lots of $$$$$.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts