1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows if Lyman ever made a Tru-Line type press that takes the standard 7/8 X 14 dies. I know the Tru-Line jr. used the 310 tong tool type dies and special shellholders. Any response would be appreciated.

·
Registered
21,773 Posts
They have made a couple of turret presses for standard dies. There was the Spar-T, a turret press on the Spartan frame, and they now have the T-Mag II, based on the Orange Crusher frame. They are not column presses like the Tru-line, but are turret machines.

Simplex in Australia used to make a close copy of the Tru-line but I don't know the die size. Their current turret press looks just like the T-Mag.

I have some old Digests I can look in for more.

I kept looking on the www til I found http://inforesandservices.com.au/ezimerchant/category29_2.htm
Simplex apparently still makes the Super Simplex Tru-line type press, 3 and 6 station.

No 30

[This message has been edited by Jim Watson (edited 12-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Jim Watson (edited 12-07-2001).]

·
Registered
21,773 Posts
More:

The Lyman All American Turret press was similar to the Tru-Line Jr but scaled up for 7/8 in. dies. It was listed in the first Handloader's Digest in 1961-62, but by the 3rd edition of 1964 had been replaced by the Spar-T turret. That was a turret on top of the frame of the Spartan C-press. They still listed Tru-Line Jr in that edition, though. I don't have the 2d edition to check.

I have now told you all I know and maybe a little more.

-30-

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the press today and it is a Tru-Line Jr. Standard dies do fit in the turret although someone told me these little presses took the Lyman 310 type dies. It looks like it takes special shell holders that are probably hard to find. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1 Posts
J to X shellholder adapter

Lyman still lists a J to X shellholder adapter and primer punches to convert Tru-line jr. and All American press to universal shellholders. You can go to Lyman's web site and check it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts