1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the running opinion on the Crusher single stage? The old Orange Crusher seemed to this neophyte to be tough as nails, but I've heard that the new Crusher II is a step down in quality...any experiences? I anm thinking of going with this press as it is chepcheapcheap at R&D...under 70 bucks, in fact...

------------------
I knew Thomas Jefferson, he was a friend of mine...Governor Clinton, you're no Thomas Jefferson

·
Registered
75 Posts
There's all kinds of single stage, really tough presses out there like the 'crusher. Problem is, takes to damn long to go from resizing, to priming, to belling, to whatever. Plenty fine if you have absolutely nothing else to do, BUT, Lyman has the best turret press on the market, for my money. I have a T Mag II, and it's a sweetie. Real strong, real consistent, and easy to change between steps or calibers or whatever you want. I can load almost as fast on it as I can a progressive, and the ammo is more consistent.

However you do it, reloading is a worthwhile hobby. Just like the mouse said, "There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats." (Or reloading)

Merry Christmas
Bob Hunt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts